A little tip... maybe?

kickingfrog

Don't know if everyone but me already knows this or not but figured I'd put it out there.

At some point during the last half of the year my trolling motor would sometimes lose power as I increased the rpms with the footpeddle. It was only near the top end and I hardly ever used it that high and I'd forget about it until it would happen again.

Flash-forward to this spring and prep time for the boat. I remembered the loss of power and started taking things apart. The foot peddle has a slider that is the contact. It was a little gummed up and had a little too much "play" in it. Cleaned up the contacts and tightened up the screws and she works right through all the settings again.

Tried doing the same a couple years back Rob but instead managed to bugger up the entire peddle. Thanks to you it's just great knowing it was all human error. lol.

Good show!

There was a point where I thought to myself that I should have started to take pictures in case there was some spare parts left over.

Edited by kickingfrog

Good to hear Rob.Reminds me when I bought my power drive,the guy said don't get the foot pedal wet.I thought he was kidding lol.Turns out that is true.

Imagine fishing on a boat and not getting wet in certain conditions.What was Minn Kota thinking ? :whistling:

Tried doing the same a couple years back Rob but instead managed to bugger up the entire peddle. Thanks to you it's just great knowing it was all human error. lol.

Good show!

now that made laugh 'til my eyes leaked - that is soooooo why I no longer DIY motors or electrical.

Good to hear Rob.Reminds me when I bought my power drive,the guy said don't get the foot pedal wet.I thought he was kidding lol.Turns out that is true.

Imagine fishing on a boat and not getting wet in certain conditions.What was Minn Kota thinking ? :whistling:

Funny, I use to take extra special care of my power drive foot pedals. Kept it dry, stored inside etc, but still always had to replace them every year or two.

The last one I got has been sitting on the floor of my boat for 2 seasons now. I even left it in there all winter. I hooked my batteries up this spring, and she works like a charm. Lucky?? Probably.....but funny you mentioned that lol....I'm sure I just jinxed myself and it will never work again now LOL

S.