Goodbye White Rhino

LostAnotherOne

So now there is only five white rhinos left on the planet with one only being male. He's an old boy and we are hoping that he can produce with a few females. The rhino is guarded by 24hr security. There's only one species to thank for this one. Well done again humans.

Northern white rhinos have been limited to all captive specimens for over a decade(s) with that number now down to 5 from the December death. This rhino was 44 and way past breeding age

The biggest issue here is from the conservation authorities and governments that will not try to establish a population through mixed breeding with southern white rhinos who have rebounded well in the past number of years do to high and extreme conservation efforts

There is reported lots of breeding material in frozen storage but at this time captive breeding has been limited to very low success and current technology

Probably more info than needed as it shadows the terrible way humans have decimated this animal, but I really like rhinos

Seriously? Trolling forums is overrated.

Matter of opinion and since everyone, including yourself is allowed one, is it still considered trolling? I prefer casting but trolling can be just as much fun at times.

Edited to add; Shame about the White Rhino as their 15 minutes might be coming to an unfortunate end.

Edited by moxie

Sad about the rhinos for sure.

They are pretty serious about their conservation and game enforcement in Africa now.

Most of the time the park rangers and game cops just fill the poachers full of lead.

I myself like trolling.

Caught the fish in my profile pic trolling. ;)

I guess white rhinos will have a lot in common with red herrings.

Very sad indeed, the white rhino is a high profile animal... imagine all the others that go extinct without anyone caring or possibly even knowing about! There is my big sad thought for the day, now back to my little un-influential world