2015 Baseball Thread

AKRISONER

I amazes me how these players can remain healthy after 140+ games. Injuries will happen, that's why expanded rosters are used. There is a good chance that Troy might be back in 2-3 weeks.

The Jays are playing amazingly. 3 out of 4, I'll take that any day.

The second game on Saturday was my favourite. By the 8th inning or so the loudest cheer picked up by the microphones was "Go Jays Go" and the loudest loudest baseball sound was the ball hitting the pitches glove from the catcher., much to the dismay of the 4 or 5 NY fans left behind home plate. Love it. Yeah, can't stand the Yankees.

All we have to do is control our own destiny and not worry about who's behind us.

Go Jays Go!.

muddler

• 2 weeks later...

A win is a win is a win. Win ugly, or pretty, it's still a win.

No matter how they win, I'll take it. September or October.

The real nice thing is is that the Jays are unpredictable. It seems when the bats are cool, their pitching is hot and when the pitching is cool their hitting is hot. And some days both are hot. On those rare occasions both are cold.

That's 3 out of 4 times that they can win. I'll take that in October.

muddler

Jays now tide for first in the American League. Hopefully they pull ahead; that should give them an advantage in the playoffs.

im confused with the revolving door from the bullpen today, was at work and was getting updates with the score app.....was there really a need to run 7 releif pitchers from the 6th to the 9th? when you're up 9-5

They have a lot of September callups with them right now. Might as well use them.

Jays now tide for first in the American League. Hopefully they pull ahead; that should give them an advantage in the playoffs.

They have a lot of September callups with them right now. Might as well use them.

mmhmm, except of the relievers they used, Hawkins, Loup, Hendriks, Tepera, Sanchez, Cecil and Osuna, i think only 2 are call ups

There were a number of relievers that needed work. Hendricks had not pitched in 4 days. Hawkins - think it has been a week. Tepara - maybe a week and 1/2 (and it showed). Gibbons is getting an idea of who he can rely on, and who he can't.

Did make it a litte hairy, but I would rather find out now, then in the playoffs.

The way the Yanks are playing, the wildcard is NOT a sure thing. Now that would make my day.

The Jays are in an excellent situation. Troy is almost ready to be back in the line up, the pitching is set and the Royals are struggling.

I like Cecil's comment, ".... unless we're down like 15 runs, we're always in the game..."

Bring it ON!