Western Fishing Advice

Broker

Hey guys

In August I am headed out to Vancouver for a wedding. Having never beek there, of course I will want to explore with some fishing. Here is the trip plan so far

- Fly to Calgary

- Explore the area between Calgary and Vancouver for a week, hopefully do some fishing. (Maybe a guided trip on the bow river?)

- after all that aboard the Alaskan Cruise Ship

-Stop in juneau and will book a fly in fly fishing trip (can't wait)

-Also making stops in Ketchikan and Skagway.

ANYWAYS, got some questions.

1) Where would be some good areas to stop along the way to vancouver to fish that is easily accessible? I will have my 5wt rod along with hip waders.

2) I have a day in each port (Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan) Juneau I have already looked after. I don't have enough money to blow on guides in each port and I'm in each port for a full day. Does anyone know if there is any decent fishing I can get to by foot from those towns?

3) I'm assuming the airport will give me trouble about bringing flies on the plane. Anyone had experience with this?

Thanks guys I'm extremely excited for the summer ahead! I'll get some great opportunities to fish some areas and for some fish that I have never had the chance to! :D

Thanks guys, I have a 5wt that comes is 4 pieces so easily fits in my suitcase. The flies is good news. I do have chest waders Chris just wasn't going to lug them around the entire trip but i may have to consider it.

sounds like you're fly focused? booking a half day for sturgeon is definitely worth it, the fight is pretty awesome

I'd pack your flies in your suitcase...I travelled with ice rods and reels in overhead storage, they said no problem but specified no hooks, AC from van to Edmonton

could try the skagit river near hope, it's about an hour detour off your route, Canada day is usually unfishable and early august is sometimes a gamble, but with a poor winter it should be good timing for your trip