Best way to blow up?

Smokercrafty

Probably got some attention with the thread name, but all I'm wondering, is I have a few photos from a cell phone, that I think are fantastic. I'm wanting to blow them up, and frame them to wall mount in my living room. Should I go canvas, or just get them blown as large as possible without pixelation.?

Also, can I figure out the maximum size before pixelation, for a nice wall mounted picture? I've attached an example.....

Also, will I have to do any color adjustments after the size increase?image.jpg

Are the image files on your phone bigger than the one you posted above (which is only 241.87kB)? Make sure you use the original full size file to minimize pixelation. How large were you planning on going?

Colour adjustments are not part of resizing, but if you wanted to bring out certain hues in the picture that is certainly possible. Even Windows has some photo enhancing tools which make this simple.

Nice pic by the way.

Pete

Edited by Fisherpete

You need a fairly high res pic in order to blow up and not get grainy and keep all your detail. If the original is from a cellphone, you're out of luck unfortunately. It could still be done, but it would look extremely pixelated.

Edited by BillM

No, Pete, I just resized that to the max allowable limit for posting. The original for that particular photo was 3264 X 2448 @ 8MP. I have another panoramic with the values 6512 X 2402 @ 15.7 MP

With these numbers, I really just wanna know how big I can go before obvious pixelation or distortion occurs. I'm really hoping larger than an 8 X 12.

And yea Bill, I remember when cell phones only had a 0.2 MP camera. They've come long ways though. As I said, these pics were taken with my iPhone 5. Surprisingly enough, colour and crispness in the originals would lead you to believe they were taken professionally.

Edited by Smokercrafty

IPhone does take good pics, but for a decent 8x10 print, you'll need a image size in the 3000x2400 range @ 300dpi. What's the size of the image?

I listed the numbers in the last post..... Unsure of DPI, but was hoping I supplied enough specs. I used an app to give me those details, it may of had the DPI, I probably missed it.