sturgeon lake water levels

ecmilley

they took a couple logs out of the dam today in lindsay river was up at least two feet looks nothing like it did earlier in the week its all water shore to lock now, this outta help blow out the river and bea good start to breaking up goose

Went for a short drive to check out 2 spots I fish for Gills and Crappies, both were mud, with no water what so ever, even the creek arm that dumps into it wasn't flowing, and im off tomorrow so I guess I will be tying softball size roebags with 8 rattles per bag LOL, unless I can find some clear lake water, wait 50 to 80 km winds, not very likely

I dunno, dammed if you do, dammed if you don't. How did it work before all the locks were put in place. Was there an annual flood or did things run according to nature.

Ummm, isn't the Trent system man made? As in the lakes didn't connect through a river that can be traversed by boat?

The spawn is on, this week they have managed to bring

sturgeon up about 2 ft it has broken up the ice for 20-30 ft of shoreline around my house and this afternoonwas whatchin the walleyes swim up lookin for a female then swim back under the ice, hopefully water levels stay consistent over the next 10-14 days so the eggs have a chance

• 2 weeks later...