Suckers in the creeks yet?

Fisherpete

Any of the river fishing folks seen suckers yet in the creeks or rivers? Time to start building my cutbait supply for catfishing!

The dew worms were out in full force on my lawn last night, the timing of that and the suckers in the creeks is usually pretty close...

Thanks

Pete

Any of the river fishing folks seen suckers yet in the creeks or rivers? Time to start building my cutbait supply for catfishing!

The dew worms were out in full force on my lawn last night, the timing of that and the suckers in the creeks is usually pretty close...

Thanks

Pete

Suckers and pike are going nuts up here on Rainy river

Not yet Pete and All.. here...Pefferlaw River System is unseasonalbly low-until such time as our friends and associates at Lake Simcoe Conservation Authority can get to the water levels-we need a lot of rain to bring in a perennial favourite of Spring fishing

Keep you posted

Paul.

Not yet Pete and All.. here...Pefferlaw River System is unseasonalbly low-until such time as our friends and associates at Lake Simcoe Conservation Authority can get to the water levels-we need a lot of rain to bring in a perennial favourite of Spring fishing

Keep you posted

Paul.

I was reading the regs and it said pefferlaw brook is a fish sanctuary till may i think from 48 to the dam in pefferlaw, ive been scouting some new spots and came across that.

I checked a few other local creeks and havent seen anything, water level is definitely low

Hit a local creek yesterday for a few hours and caught 4. They are in there, just not super stacked up yet. Hooked and lost two nice bows also - one was a 10+. Was nice to fish open water for the first time this year! Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

Hit a local creek yesterday for a few hours and caught 4. They are in there, just not super stacked up yet. Hooked and lost two nice bows also - one was a 10+. Was nice to fish open water for the first time this year! Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it.

you were probably at one of the 2 I have been fishing :)

Edited by FloatnFly

Hi All..Yes Gallie you read that right..No Fishing from:

March 1st of any year to the Friday before the second Saturday in May

We have had some healthy rain and the water levels is up and running fast today

LSRCA engineering folks are good about managing the "damn dam" as it is affectionately referred to--the annual 14km Pefferlaw River charity canoe/kayak run is May 2nd I believe this year--they need to float their boats-lol

Carp/Suckers are in...turbid water-no sightings

Have a good week

Cheers

Paul

Edited by icedude

Don't you dip net or spear suckers ?? think it is legal this time of year at least in some places. used to get a bunch of small 10 / 12 inchers spawning in 40 Mile Creek here, about this time of year.

Don't you dip net or spear suckers ?? think it is legal this time of year at least in some places. used to get a bunch of small 10 / 12 inchers spawning in 40 Mile Creek here, about this time of year.have no idea Dave...good question--don't have First Nation fishing privledges in Ontario-10 12inchers in spawn--you have my sympathies-lol