A message from Lakair

lew

I've kept in close contact with Kevin & Leslie since the camp shut down and was just talking with Kevin a few weeks back. He was feeling pretty good and we laughed and talked alot about the good times.

Leslie called me this afternoon to tell me that Kevin has taken a sharp downward turn the last couple weeks and is now in a hospice (palliative care) in Sudbury and asked me to pass it on to everyone who's known him over the years.

Leslie's email is [email protected] and she said Kevin would really enjoy hearing from anyone who'd like to email him. He's having some good days and then not so good so it'd cheer him up to hear from old friends.

He's in Maisonvale Hospice in Sudbury

Leslie said she'll call me when the time is here and asked me to inform everyone.

For those that don't know Kevin, he's Capt. Hooked on this board and him & his wife Leslie own Lakair Lodge on the West Arm of Lake Nippissing, and unfortunately he's been fighting cancer for several years now.

A bunch of us from this board had a great time there every June for a lot of years and it became a big part of OFC with many fantastic memories.

Edited by lew

Thanks Lew I am sure that anyone who knows him will send him a hello note. They have been as family to a lot of the people who have been here for awhile. I will only add with this news LakAir will not be opening for the 2015 season.

Art

Thanks for the update Lew,

Man this is not news people wanted to hear even though we knew Kevin had a tough fight ahead of him. I should have made the time to stop by last year but couldn't swing it :(

Am keeping them in my thoughts and I hope Leslie and the kids are doing ok, as can be under the circumstances.

Edited by woodenboater

I've never met the gentlemen but have read here about the great trips many refer to Lakair Lodge. When we ventured up to Maskinonje this past September I remember seeing a sign for Lakeair and mentioned to Ticha, "I heard about that place"

. Remember all the good times you have all had there and pray for more to come. Not much else to say is there?

Dont know the man nor his family.

But I wish him well and his family as well.

News like this always hurts. Sounds like an amazing man, father and partner to his wife.

For that alone Ill show my respect through this board and I will lay down some tobacco in respect.

My thoughts are with him and his family.

very sad new,although i never formally met him,my dad lives 5 minutes down the road , myself and the kids have spent countless summer evenings fishing under the bridge beside the lodge. We always bought our bait and ice from him each outing. We really missed them not being open last year.Seemed like a nice guy and the lodge was beautiful.