First report second try

c10

Well I posted my first one in the wrong place lol oops, but oh well. The report is from February, when I headed to Quinte with my dad and my buddy gkasko. The aim was to get us into some bigguns, and to actually land a big eye for gkasko. Alas that didn't happen so I owe him a couple next time we're out!

I got a couple of these real nice ones on the pause, only one picture attached, but they were both handled with much diligence and were immediately released with no problems!

little eye.jpg

As I said, we didn't land any monsters, but we did manage three around 7 pounds and a couple eaters. Dad lost one big one due to a very poor hookset... but oh well, next season will give him a chance at redemption! lol

Cropped eye.jpg

Nothing wrong with those fish !!!! The big girls are just for taking a few pics of anywAys !!!! You did well as quinte can be tough on new anglers !!!! It can take a while to figure out bit you sure got a few water size fish !!!!! Well done !!!!!! Fish-on

Thanks guys!

Nothing wrong with those fish !!!! The big girls are just for taking a few pics of anywAys !!!! You did well as quinte can be tough on new anglers !!!! It can take a while to figure out bit you sure got a few water size fish !!!!! Well done !!!!!! Fish-on

You're right, I personally have trouble keeping anything over 25", even from quinte, I just find the big ones don't taste nearly as good anyways. But hey, you're allowed one over 24.8, just sucks to see guys keeping the 12lbers... oh well.
You're also right about it being tough on new guys. I have only been to Quinte a handful of times and my buddy didn't get one on his first trip sadly... It can really make you question your skills ahaha! I have started to get a pattern down but it can be tough! Especially since we don't have a sled or anything so it's hard to get to some of my preferred spots without a brutal trek lol, but oh well, they'll be there next season! Happy fishing!