Navionics chip questions

Fisherpete

I have an older Navionics chip - which is standard SD card size

Hotmaps Premium

Canada

SD/PREM-C4

VO1.19

My Lowrance units all take micro-SD cards - do I have any options for exchanging my older chip for a micro-SD version? Either through Navionics or a retail store? Or does anywhere accept trade in towards a new chip?

Can this chip be updated as well to reflect most current available map data?

Thanks

Pete

Pete,

I would just try calling Navionics USA and asking, they should be able to tell you what the standard protocol is, and maybe you can ask for a favor if it's outside of it. You never know if you don't ask!

NAVIONICS USA
6 Thatcher Lane
Wareham, MA 02571
Toll Free: 800-848-5896
Tel: 508-291-6000
Fax: 508-291-6006
Email: [email protected]

http://www.navionics.com/en/customers

Navionics sells and update that is about $99. I don't think it's available for all order cards so it depends on how old the card is. If you have a USB sd card reader you can plug it into your computer and go to the Navionics site and see if can recognize your card. It will give you the options of upgrade if it's available. If not you'll need to get a new card.

• 2 months later...

You can now actually look at the maps right on their website by clicking the webapp bar along the top, and if you zoom in and press the sonarcharts icon which kinda looks like a volume icon then you'll get the 1ft contours and some lakes that had no detail before will now.