Navonics Plus Card

Woggy

Hi, I was hoping to get some feedback from anyone that has the Navonics Plus card. I just bought the card for my humming bird 859hd. I will be fishing mostly Lake Huron, St Clair river and Mitchells Bay, Lake St Clair area. I was told at the store that it has great detail in these areas does anyone have this card to verify the information I was given, and if you like the card or not. Thankyou

Paul

It is the best card on the market as far as I'm concerned. Download the areas you want and save buying multiple cards. The detail is awesome with 1' increments in most areas. I ran mine all last summer and was very happy with it. You can download almost all of Ontario in full detail with the community edits within the allowable 2GB download limit.

Edited by G.mech

Hey Paul,

I have the navionics + card as well for those same areas you talked about, I fish lake st. clair a lot. It has a lot more detail then the old gold card had, but the detail isn't as good as say, Lake Erie. Depending on your unit, you also have to activate the "fish n' chip" layer to see the additional contours. The good news is they are always being updated and you can update the card as much as you want within the first year.

The card was worth the money in my opinion. I think it was $199 but if you have one of the older navionics chips already, you can buy the Navionics Update card instead (this is what I did), and its worth $110. Works the same as the Navionics + card, but they charge you less because you already have a chip.

Call Jocelyn in Wiidstock. He will likely have used Navionics Hotmaps which will work for sure in your unit.

Hotmaps is not at all the same as Navionics + and doesn't have the same coverage or detail. I'm sure Jos would sell you one though if that's what you're after.

Awesome, thank you for the information, my card cost $199 so it looks like I didn't over pay. I also noticed when I looked at the available lakes I couldn't even see Lake St Clair or Huron on the list?? This is actually why I started the post to see how other folks made out with the card. I was told at the store here in Sarnia that this card was the card of choice and from googling forums and reading these posts quite a few people really like this card the Navonics website must just not have the Lake selections updated properly.

Thank you again

Paul

Edited by Woggy

With the navionics + card you decide what lakes are on your chip. Its a bit of a long process because you have to draw "squares" around the lakes that you want. On my navionics + chip I have all the lakes you have mentioned, plus some in florida that I added for a friend, and the finger lakes in the US, etc....