Opinions on Viking rain gear

chris.brock

Does anyone have experience with this stuff?

It's made in Canada, that's a good sign.

The material looked a little better on the Viking than my Costco Wetskins stuff.

This is how cheap I am. There's 2 Viking jackets at Value Village for $10 each, and I didn't pull the trigger before asking you guys. Probably cost me more in gas to get back there. Hahaha

Edited by chris.brock

Don't know anything about them Chris, but I'd imagine wearing a $10 rain jacket from Value Village would be like sitting in a sauna on a hot day.

Good quality breathable rain wear is worth spending the $$$$ for IMHO

Good question to ask. Buddy of mine guided for months out of the "rubberized" rain suit by Viking and although he says you can cook in that gear some summer days, if it's warm outside it doesn't matter if you're getting a little wet anyways. I'd be looking for a full suit just to go over my other during the total downpours. Over the years, keeping extra lightweight suits has been great too. Leave 'em in the boat for others or, if it's really coming down pull some rain bibs up over the rain pants and another rain jacket over a rain jacket and you're staying well dry.

I have a full Viking two piece rain suit. It keeps me dry. That's all that I ask of it, so no complaints. And it catches fish too.. Breathabilty might be more of an issue for you southern Ontario boys than it is for me. I'm usually struggling to retain every bit of heat that I can.

may111.jpg