Evening Ice Fishing Pics.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Snapped a few pics from yesterday evening's 2 hour session. One nice one caught by yours truly and a couple small ones here and there between us.

We were fairly deep, 28'FOW. Marked lots, some nice big ones too, but very difficult to get them to commit. I found they would come in and just sit there and stare. The one that did commit fell for my trick of letting the bait drop to the bottom, leave it there for a minute and snap it up quick, this often provokes strikes from lethargic walleye.

Another successful tactic yesterday was to use a noisy ratlin' lipless crank to call them in. They were certainly in a funny mood, would respond to aggressive hard baits but not strike. Would sit and stare at live minnows forever, no matter what presentation it seemed. Over all I would say they preferred a moving target yesterday, but getting them to strike was tricky.

GOPR7637.jpg

GOPR7643.jpg

GOPR7644.jpg

GOPR7646.jpg

GOPR7648.jpg

GOPR7649.jpg

IMG_9664.jpg

IMG_9665.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys!

Awesome. Is that the widetrack expedition?

Awesome pix! I love chasing walleye. Those sun set pix are great! What make of sled? I like the bigger rack you have for storing gear. I was looking to buy a sled & yours looks like what I want.

Yes, it is the 154"x 20" widetrack. It has the 1200cc 4 stroke engine with HI/Lo gear shift, even reverse beeping noise…lol…a real monster of a sled. It weighs about 700lbs(dry) so you don't want to get stuck, saying that I have done standing starts in slush a foot deep and buried intentionally in 7' deep snow drifts…..still won't get stuck, it even has a neat trick for reversing in deep snow, the last rear 18" of track articulates…so it lifts up when reversing pulling you up as opposed to burrowing deeper. It is a bit heavy steering in the tight trails in the bush, but go slow and lean and she's fine, adjusting the suspension helped a lot and it steers like a dream on the groomed trails and harder packed snow. SHE CAN PULL A HOUSE BTW! Oh….and fun?….yup…with 1200cc….she is fun alright, and sounds AWESOME! Its a really good mixture of utility, trail (it has a detachable 2 up seat with heated grips) and crotch rocket…..lol.

I LOVE MY SLED!

Nice Simon , looks like a beauty day ! You measuring any of these walleyes for our tourney ?

Ooops, totally forgot. Not to worry though, I can't think of a year in recent memory where I have not had a 30" walleye and 40" pike in the boat, and I will have my card with me!….not long now!