Update on stolen boat

jrdigs

Wow, that's amazing news and HTHM's link is probably spot on. Hope the thief is given some serious consideration, and I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't their first heist.

I also hope in the future, we can think a bit before jumping to conclusions about stolen equipment.

is the story related because in it, the article states it was reported stolen in 2012?

Regardless glad to hear it was recovered

No it was not the story in the spectator,,A CO WORKER WAS APPROACHED ASKING IF HE WANTED TO BUY A STOLEN BOAT AND HE ASKED WHAT KIND IT WAS , THE GUY SAID IT WAS A BOAT WHICH HE HAD STOLEN THE OTHER NIGHT,, IT WAS THE BOAT WHICH WAS MISSING,,THE OTHER GUY WENT ON TO SAY THAT IS MY FRIENDS BOAT AND IT WOULD BE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO DELIVER IT TO THIS LOCATION IF HE DID NOT WANT THE POLICE CALLED,,LONG STORY SHORT THE OWNER IS HAPPY TO HAVE IT BACK AGAIN,,THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE

Edited by jrdigs

Happy to hear your buddy got his boat back despite the ominous accusations.

Binbrook, six nations..... Just saying...

I would bet it's parted out and already sold.

Hope your buddy had it insured for its actual value, without depreciation.

G

I lived in Caledonia... Not far from the unrest, I was literally down the street...i was there when roads were blocked, tires were burned in the streets and local elementary schools were on lockdown due to gun fire.

Contractors having their heads bashed in, for working... And an entire community afraid and under siege...

It is well known where items that are stolen usually wind up in that area... And as a previous member noted... Usually found burned out after being stripped.

I Have spent most of my life in this area... Growing up on hwy6 in mount hope...

Unfortunately I know all to well where things "disappear" too.

G

Or it could be on its way to Quebec...

Hope your buddy has a plan in place if he discovers any issues/damages when starting the boat in the spring.

Edited by pikeslayer

Woodenboater I see you are from Toronto. It is Hamilton we are talking about. It is the way things are done there sometimes. Most not from there, and I don't mean transplanted from somewhere and now lives there, would understand how it works at times. It's just the way things are done. Right or wrong. That Paul Bernardo and his murdering waste of life wife eventually got arrested not through Police work but from a tip from an notorious wiseguy from Hamilton. Without that tip they may still be on the street. What's that got to do with a stolen boat, it just shows most crime is solved without the police solving it in Hamilton.

The thief may have not been charged by the police but he would not have been let off lightly. He would have had to pay a monetary goof tax as well as gotten a spanking in the old days, and he would have thought really hard the next time he thought about taking something that wasn't his to take. He would notice a finger or 2 missing. That does a heck of a lot more to deter theft than a 12 month suspended sentence. I don't know about today.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Boat gets stolen from barn. Boat is offered to someone who knows boat owner. Boat gets returned to owner WITHOUT police involved.

I don't know about the rest of you boys and girls but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck last night. Something sounds very fishy with this whole story. We are not being told the truth and or the complete story.

Boat gets stolen from barn. Boat is offered to someone who knows boat owner. Boat gets returned to owner WITHOUT police involved.

I don't know about the rest of you boys and girls but I didn't just fall off the turnip truck last night. Something sounds very fishy with this whole story. We are not being told the truth and or the complete story.

Boat was taken from a locked up barn,,they had to shovel snow first to get in and break into the barn,,the barn is out of sight,,so they had time to get the boat,,barn is only used for storage only,,there is nothing to the story,like i said earlier in my post...THE OWNER DID NOT WANT THE BOAT TAKEN,,it is just one of things that go on alot lately...

Edited by jrdigs