Will this winter ever end

Paudash

I have fished every weekend

I just got back from 11 days of fishing all but one day started below -30. With -39 day and a frost bitten hand

I am damn ready for warm weather but

I will be fishing this weekend too

And where is the report of that tank you caught? Im with ya all the way, til the soft water cometh. Then ole man winter will be here again,and we,ll all be happy happy again. :canadian::canadian:

OK I give. Heat trace line for the cistern kicked the breaker the other day, no water. Took me 2 hours of digging ice and snow to get to the thermostat, then realized it must be the breaker. Kept kicking out. Ran an extension cord to a plug, A OK. Today the sink won't drain, grey water bed frozen to the sink, can't wait until something splits. Dirty pots, pans and dishes everywhere. We are getting hammered tonight from the south and the north west 70K winds blowing last weeks snow everywhere. My wife has to work until midnight and has a 35 minute drive in June. She has the 4X4 but I don't think that will help. I don't know how bad it really is because every window and door has 3" of snow on it and I can't see 10 feet out there. I'm thinking of driving to Caledonia and driving her home in the truck. If I get stuck in the front wheel drive Altima they will find me in April, I can see the headlines " Missing idiot found in middle of bean field 2 months latter" Looks like another 100 plus bucks for a motel room in Hamilton. No way she will ask friends to let her in at 1AM.

Oh well 20 some odd days to spring.

Last year winter started early and with a vengeance. This year at least in my neck of the woods winter didn't get really bad until the end of January. I've been suffering for about a month now. Last year at this time I'd been suffering for three solid months.

Later for sure in Niagara this year. A lot of up and down temps from November to January. We certainly have a lot more snow this year. Now at the point we can't even get out to harvest the remaining 1/2 field of pussy willow stems

Later for sure in Niagara this year. A lot of up and down temps from November to January. We certainly have a lot more snow this year. Now at the point we can't even get out to harvest the remaining 1/2 field of pussy willow stems

funny the regional difference, only 1.5 hours away (grand valley) and the opposite is true for the snowfall. i didnt see the blacktop on my road between end of november and beginning of march last winter.

funny the regional difference, only 1.5 hours away (grand valley) and the opposite is true for the snowfall. i didnt see the blacktop on my road between end of november and beginning of march last winter.

December and January was a repetitious cycle of snow, freeze, melt. In the first 1/2 of February I've shoveled 10 days. Right now I'm looking out at another mini blizzard as i type.

I build musky baits thru the winter. sad part go in the shop its dark out. return trip its dark again. .

Perfect activity for them cold days. If it stays above -5C I'll go to the shed and cast a few hundred pieces of lead. Colder than that, I stay in, painting and tying. I've only been out on the ice once this winter.

This has been a cold year, compared to last year. That said we had a lot more snow events last year compared to this year. Sure we have our share of snow but nothing compared to last year... I don't mind winter, infact I enjoy it. What I am not enjoying however is this nagging cold I have that just won't go away... Pretty sure I picked it up at the plant.

Come on summer!

G

I am completely burned out at work. -35 wind-chill sucks. I turned down more overtime for this Sunday to thaw water lines. 89 hours worked as of today. City of North Bay has over 100 outstanding frozen water services to thaw. In addition we had 5 water main breaks reported in a little over 60 hours.