International Center Fishing Show

Bernie

Awesome first day at the show for us it was nice and steady most of the day other then when KVD and Dave Mercer were speaking.

Lots of people that never fished musky asking all kinds of great questions and were eager to learn about my passion for them. From what many were saying the show is great I have not had time yet to walk around and take in the other booths but will Sunday or Monday when my wife is here.

Be sure to stop by abs say hi we are two booths from the Legend boat booth and the sausage guy

I fully enjoyed the show yesterday! My buddy Tony Gallucci from Beaver Lures was there and I spent some time at his booth. It was right next to the Handlebarz booth so I finally got to meet Mr. Parker too. Was a pleasure Mike!

Met young ChrisK as well, (nice meeting you!) and talked to numerous outfitters and lodges. All in all a great time!

For what it's worth - and this is an unbiased opinion from someone who went to both - the Toronto Sportsman's Show last week was much better. It's still a fun way to kill an afternoon on a cold winter day though. :)

Tony's a good guy Mike, I've been using his Boo's for 10 or 12 years and have caught a crazy number of muskies with them.

I've known Gazoo for a long time Lew, way before he even started making lures. When we were younger I dragged him into the interior of Pukaskwa Park paddling and portaging to fish for brook trout. Also spent many days camping in the Bad River delta mostly walleye fishing. Back in the day he was more of a steelheader than anything else but times have sure changed.

Considering what he's been through in the last few years it does my heart good to see him doing so well.

And yeah his lures are pretty good. :)

Considering what he's been through in the last few years it does my heart good to see him doing so well.

I haven't talked to him in a couple years Mike but I know he went through a terrible time and hopefully things are somewhat looking up for him.

Went today with DynamicBear, the girlfriend and a buddy. I really like this show because it has more of a community sense. Got some great lures from Meegz and some great advice from Mike P and Chris K. I had a blast at this one. No fish-a-thon booth though. :(

It was great seeing Chris K show off his fly skill, Nice to meet Mike P and talk musky.

Looking forward to trying out the Meegs I picked up

Also it was nice seeing Manjo39 also, was able to introduce him to a another fellow Team 6 member in Jeremy

From the large amount of people passing through our booth I can say the only a couple had complaints about this show. Some were even commenting on the one room they liked it.

I am very impressed with the size if the show it has been a great time.

Thank you to everyone for stopping over to the booth. It's been great getting time to catch up and also meet many Ofc members. Cheers Mike

I've known Gazoo for a long time Lew, way before he even started making lures. When we were younger I dragged him into the interior of Pukaskwa Park paddling and portaging to fish for brook trout. Also spent many days camping in the Bad River delta mostly walleye fishing. Back in the day he was more of a steelheader than anything else but times have sure changed.

And yeah his lures are pretty good. :)

Yep, I've known Gazoo for many years too.

I'm thinking since the late 80's or early 90's.

Not too sure as the oldtimers is settin' in.

tmE6UPx.jpg

Went to the show yesterday and was disappointed, just the one hall, seemed smaller than in previous years. Didn't see too many deals to be made at the booths. Having said that, it's still good entertainment for an hour or so and gets you thinking about fishing.

I would bet that soon enough the one hall will be down to no halls...it has been getting worse every year!

I think that a lot of the retailers just don't see it as worthwhile anymore. It's a lot of work for very little profit I have been told.

It is definitely getting smaller every year. A lot of big name speakers and I liked checking out the boats andanufacturet booths.

In the end, I bought nothing which sort of sums it up. I almost bought a couple of Mikes bauts but I have soooo many bucktails already I hung them back up on the shelf.

I thought I had posted this the other day, maybe another thread. I picked up a couple packs of Anglers Choice swim baits but I bought more pepperettes and sausages

It was interesting to see JP Derose etc. doing their presentation, but a Q&A session and having the crowd see the fish tank better would be nice.

image0021.png

http://springfishingandboatshow.com/?page_id=2

I enjoyed the show. Didn't attend any tank seminars. I liked the layout this year. All the tackle stores on one side. Enjoyed being able to go to JB's, ProJ, Natural Sports and independent tackle makers (Freedom Lures, Meegs) etc. all under one roof. (Kind of like the Boat show - all the manufacturers under one roof). Found a nice deal on ice fishing rods that I'll need for my sons. Found a replacement spinner bait that I lost to a Muskie last year. Mike's Handlebarz looked really nice. I couldn't resist a Handlebarz double 10.

Nice to see Meegs, DynamicBear and meeting Jeremy (fellow OFC Team 6 Team Member). Didn't get a chance to see Mike P from Handlebarz at the time I was at the booth.

Nice to see a couple of other non OFC friends there as well.

Nice chat and location tips with Karl Kalonka at the St. Croix booth. JP Derose was at the Shimano booth and available to chat. Got some baitcasting skipping tips for other Pro Staff.

Thanks to Chris K. for the fly casting lesson in the casting lane (brought my fly combo for this reason). Not only is Chris a master fly maker, he's a great caster and teacher too. Excited to put my lessons to work.

I went, it seemed smaller than others years to me too. I think the fact that I also walked out with more pepperettes and meat products than fishing stuff also says something (It may say I have to much tackle already though...). It was realy nice to see a few board members and spend some time with Jose.

Still worth going to, Just gets me excited for soft water!