2014 recap: 1 day, only 1 fish, but....

I'mHooked

It was a good one!

It's been a pretty wacked year and half, so much going on with work and at home. Don't think I've posted since 2013. Hadn't even had a chance to wet a line for over a year, until I took one last chance to get out with my good buddy Cowanjo, and we hit up the U.S. side just before end of season in December.

Well it sure was the right day and time to pick to try and catch at least one Musky for the year.

DSC_1850%202_zpsu9bhedv0.jpg

50 1/2" x 25 1/2"! Woohoo!

My one and only fish happened to be the biggest fish of my life. That's what I call a PB!

It was chilly out, -2 deg C at boat launch, but warmed up to balmy +1 when she hit.

While i'd loved to have boated as many fish as Cowanjo or Fisherpete (great pics!), I'm pretty happy with my 1 day, 1 fish for the year!

Thanks for looking. Hope to have more to share in the year to come.

See you at Musky Sunday!

Thank guys.

Failed to mention it was caught casting some heavy rubber. Hit like a tank and was the toughest thing I've ever had to try and lift out of the water! (Other than my own butt when taking a swim :whistling: )

Mike, I'm alive and kicking still. Look forward to chance to do a 'joint' fishing report again some time!

Cheers guys.

Amazing fish, John sent me that pic when you caught her. True St. Clair beast. And to do it on your only trip of the year - WOW! I may have caught a bunch this year but I certainly put my time in on the water to do so. Glad that you are posting again - love the muskie reports!

Pete

What a great adventure, Michigan worst food on record, couple of beers and out early. Reels freezing so have to heat them and change. To watch Craig stop dead setting the hooks on the brute was awesome. To see Greg (Roaring Dan), Luke (46 inch), Tim and Craig get PB this year and to see 12 musky over fifty inches was amazing. You didn't mention that I got stranded on 107 two years in a row - exactly the same number of musky. I have never liked Pike but a 43 incher late on the finally day made me mad. See you tomorrow mate and was a great day and hope to see Greg and you more next year so much happening in both your lives.