Donating fishing stuff.

greenfshrmn

Hi folks,

like many anglers I have a number of older rods and reels that I no longer use, both spinning and casting. These things are not worth enough to bother selling online, but they are also too good to just throw out. Would be great for someone just starting out. No kids into fishing around here to give them to. Does anyone know of an organization (around the durham region) that would accept these as a donation?

I am sure that TUFA (Toronto Urban Fishing Ambassadors) would take them. They organize fishing events in the Toronto area and like to have equipment to lend to new fisher people.

They have a booth the Fishing and Boat show if you plan to go.

I am in Scarborough, so I can pick them up and deliver them to TUFA if you are interested.

I have some older rods & reels too that are in working order that I would donate too thanks for the tips !!! I was thinking about that a few months ago to somewhere I could give them to kids who would love to have them like those who are in the big brothers/ sisters Great idea !!! :-)). Thanks

I am sure that TUFA (Toronto Urban Fishing Ambassadors) would take them. They organize fishing events in the Toronto area and like to have equipment to lend to new fisher people.

They have a booth the Fishing and Boat show if you plan to go.

I am in Scarborough, so I can pick them up and deliver them to TUFA if you are interested.

If I'm corrected that is who Bass Pro gives all the trade in rod and reel too, during their trade in event, Which is actually happening right now. If you aren't near Bass Pro then I'd also suggest Boy and Girls club

Edited by DynamicBear

I do that , I have about 60 ready to go , looking for a whole lot more , I did it with bicycles for the past few years and some fishing rods and reels too .

I quit the bike thing and I'm onto fishing gear only .

Project FreeReel 2015 .

http://www.westnipissing.com/A_knack_for_giving.html

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon