Hey Simon, if we can get out this year then I'll throw some more bucks in the pot to top up my last years bid. 

John

Hi John,

Yes we will get out this year (you were not forgotten :) ) and No, there is no need for additional $$$

Let's touch base closer to July to pick some tentative dates.

Simon

This was my first time at this event and I had a great time. Fishing wasn't great for us. Started off at my hut and weren't marking a thing. Headed deeper to try for a trout, but no luck there either. Ended up going for perch near snake island and got about a dozen jumbos, but not big enough unfortunately. We almost didn't make the weigh in due to my buddy hitting a crack near the island and losing everything in his pail. Had to double back and pick everything up.

All in all, we had a great time and plan on doing it again next year.

Thanks to all who helped organize. Great job!!!

Edited by steelhedrmatt

I'll have some pics posted in the next day or two - stay tuned folks. Mo is emailing them to me.

It was certainly a fun time despite the lack of fish, but hey, fish are secondary on day like this. Elise was very grateful for the continued support from OFC, and didn't even know that we had done the auction - so when I presented her with the envelope containing $485 it was nice.

It's great to see that Tyler continues to progress, his speech has come along even in the few years that I have been involved with the event. That's the whole point of this event - to help with the costly therapy to help Tyler to grow - so I would once again like to thank all the OFC members who attended, bid on the auctions or supported in other ways.

I'm looking forward to getting out with Gallie and akaShag - these trips have been a blast and I'm sure these will be the same!

Brian - next time charge your battery LOL - your Marcum might work better hahahahaha

Pete

Hi Everyone,

Tyler is finally asleep and Roy gave me a new password so I could get on here and do some communicating with all of you wonderful people. Fishing for Tyler was great fun again this year. We had 80 people registered although not all of them were fishing. The weather wasn't in our favour again this year with the snowy morning but at least there was no wind. On Saturday, we raised $1903.10 which included the auction money from Fisherpete and a donation from Freshtrax. I wasn't expecting to receive that money. I heard that people were trying to get an auction going but I was struggling to get the tournament organized that I couldn't get online to check in. Thank you for doing that Fisherpete and I just heard from Pikeslayer who also offered up an auction item. Thank you gentlemen.

I am sorry for all the confusion this year with the tournament. Our family has had a difficult year and we struggled about whether we would be able to organize it this year. We forged ahead and then had difficulty with the town about the date, insurance and parking. The town has always been supportive and continues to be. Although Terry and I have been struggling with health issues, I am proud to say Tyler is doing remarkable well. He is still doing his speech and occupational therapy and we have discovered a music therapy that has him practicing and working on his speech but through his love of music. That kid won't miss an appointment. He LOVES going.

Tyler was at the tournament again this year walking around with his little sister, posing for pictures and even called some prize numbers through the megaphone. He was and continues to be awesome.

Thank you to all who came out, to all the auction donors and bidders and everyone who couldn't make it thank you for thinking of us. I will send some pictures to Roy to post. My phone froze so my niece took some.

Cabela's in Barrie were our new supporters this year. Our winner was Joel Roberts of Bradford. He caught a 31 3/4 inch lake trout. Our second largest fish was a 20 1/4 inch lake trout caught by Denny Spuco. Largest perch caught was 13 inches caught by Steve Vendramine. Second largest perch caught was 12 1/2 inches and was a four way tie. Jim Broome, Paul Kindy, Steve Garrison and Kaitlyn Lane.

Thank you OFC, Roy, and TJ for your continued support and thank you Maureen Motiv8r for getting this ball rolling 12 years ago. Thank you also to Chevy4x4 for always coming through with tables and helping with set up and clean up. You and Shelley are dear to our family's heart.

Elisa French

I see the BBQs are still in tact... was on my way out for a surprise visit and did not make it. Got in an accident outside of TO 5 cars yes mine included 1 guy passing lost control came into my lane and hit me put me in ditch then caused 3 others to collide That was my surprise trip :asshat::oops::asshat: