I can't do the "quote" reply thing here, but anyways back to Fisherpete, many thanks.

I had hoped to make it to the Fishing for Tyler Event tomorrow but that is not going to happen so I will send payment via EMT. I think you said that was OK. I will send you a pm on here, if this board allows me to do that - it does not like my computer set-up.............

Doug

Edited by akaShag

Auction for Cats & Ski's is closed. Lake O salmon & bows is open until Sunday @ 2100 hrs. Current bid is $220.

I'll offer the same guarantee as Pete. If we don't hit the targeted species, next trip is on me. Did I mention we'll be hitting the blue zone ;)

Be sure to place your bid here:

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77675

OK, so are there any reports? Usually by now someone has posted pictures and stuff. I realize that the weather didn't exactly cooperate, we just got home from Sudbury and passed a lot of accidents, roads were really slick! But as I told Sue "you are in the hands of a professional driver, here, hold my beer and watch this"!

Seriously Tyler reports Please.

OK, so are there any reports? Usually by now someone has posted pictures and stuff. I realize that the weather didn't exactly cooperate, we just got home from Sudbury and passed a lot of accidents, roads were really slick! But as I told Sue "you are in the hands of a professional driver, here, hold my beer and watch this"!

Seriously Tyler reports Please.

I'll post one here by this evening, I was the event with Pete. I won't have any pictures to post but I'm sure some will turn up

What a great event today up in Innisfil and a great turn out. I believe I heard them say that they had 76 people registered for the event this year. Unfortunately I myself did not get any pictures, so hopefully another member will be able to post some.

I got there at 5:30 and the park was empty with the exception of Tyler's father and another gentleman (sorry forgot your name). Shortly after I arrived a 5 others had showed up including FisherPete who I spent the day with fishing. We got out to a spot about half an hour or so before sunrise. We dug out enough snow to get Pete's hut right down to the ice which took about 20 minutes before we set up his hut, it was at least another half hour before sunrise. We fished the spot from about 7 to 11. We were marking a bunch of fish, but nothing was biting for us at this spot, we were in 78 FOW

We finally moved into 40 FOW and Pete started catching perch, nothing bigger then 6", I had a few bumps and nibbles but nothing at this spot again. After this we moved into 28 FOW and Pete kept marking perch then we marked something big at bottom which we both believe was a whitefish, but by the time i could get my Meegs down it was to late.

To finish the day we ended up in 30 FOW and by this point I knew i was going to be skunked on the day, but gave it a go and nothing.

We decided to head into the BBQ around 12 and got to the parking lot, to hear of some of the big fish that were caught. While waiting for everyone to come in we see one young fellow coming in and in his hands was a 31 1/2" NGL Trout.

OFC member Chevy4x4 had the biggest perch at 13 1/2"

There were a bunch of 12 1/2 perch also and a big Whitefish but can't remember the length on it.

When the draw prizes were being given out, at one point i joked with Pete saying the next one was going to be mine, and it turned out that it was his number called. At this point he present the French family with the money raised from the two trips he offered in the auction.

They once again had the polar bear dip at on the lake at the same time once again. Driving to the event early this morning was not the best but because it was so early, there were to many people on the roads so it made it bearable. The drive home (Milton area) was much bad, It was snow packed highways the whole way. With the worst spot being from Canada's Wonderland/Bass Pro right to the merge onto the 401. Then the 401 wasn't any better even with traffic reports saying the plows were out I didn't see any

Overall it was a great day and glad to see as big as a turn out considering how the weather was. Looking forward to it next year. When I'll be offering up something to raise money. I mentioned it to Pete and he thinks its a good idea, however I will not mention quite yet.

Sorry once again for not having any pictures myself. Hope to see you all out in 2016

Edited by DynamicBear