Fuel savings tips.

charlied

got these off msn....

Percentage savings: you can save as much as....

12% when you go the speed limit

31% when you avoid aggressive driving like hammering the gas cause the guy in front of you ticked you off.

7% by using cruise control.

19% by limiting your idling time...for example if your gonna be stopped for over 10 seconds cut your engine off.

A few other things are:

- brake sparingly, slow down or coast into light and try and catch the light when you are still rolling and to avoid the initial start of you car from a dead stop.

- Avoid using AC, crack the windows....I have no AC so this one is easy for me...LOL

-try not do do fast start off's, try and stay around 1900 RPM...yes its seems like you creeping along but this one can have huge cuts in your fule consumption.

-when parking try and get a drive thru parking spot as I would call it so when you come back to your car you pull out in the forward motion and avoid backing up cause that burns extra fuel.

These are the biggest fuel cutting measures and I have tried them and they do work....I do have a small vehicle also which has good mileage anyways but anymore fuel I can pinch out these days helps alot. I have noticed I can get about another 150-200 kilometres on a single tank of fuel, which for me is almost an extra $10 in my pocket.

Hope this can help others out like it did me.

Have a good day people!

You forgot tire pressure, keep it at the optimum and that will give you yet another mile or two...as for the AC, i'm not sure but I think mythbusters proved that it's a fallacy that it uses more fuel, in fact I think they found that with the windows open more fuel was used...not much mind you.

Maureen

u can save a lot more than 12% by controlling your speed... i've experienced huge differences in gas consumption when driving close to the speed limit (say 110 k/h).. I did a trip recently to Montreal where I had to rush to get to an engagement going there so I left toronto in a hurry and drove 130 (and even faster) all the way there. On the way back I stuck close to the limit and the diffenece was above 20%. It also depends on my what you drive. My 4 cyl is much more efficient at lower speeds and the RPM's are really revving when i get it up to 130...Lots of variables