Awesome Figure Eight Musky

Musky or Specks

Great video !!

Catching muskies on an 8 is without doubt the most exciting way to get them.

Nothing better than seeing a big girl twisting & turning trying to grab your bait and then just hammering it and the fight is on.

If your not doing an 8 or at least a circle after EVERY cast you missing alot of fish.

Edited by lew

Insane stuff. I can't imagine a good size Musky on a fly rod. I finally had the pleasure of feeling the power of a few smaller Musky on heavy equipment last fall with Dan Columby, all I can describe it as is pure power, unadulterated power. The closest had to be a 33lb King in Lake Ontario.

The best way to learn how to do an good 8 is to LOTW. On waters where they seem to only eat on the 8' you learn really quickly how to do it right.

You certainly don't need to travel to LOTW to learn how to get fish on a figure 8. All muskies will hit an 8 and ANY lake that has muskies is a good spot for a newbie to learn how to do it.

You certainly don't need to travel to LOTW to learn how to get fish on a figure 8. All muskies will hit an 8 and ANY lake that has muskies is a good spot for a newbie to learn how to do it.

I was a bit sloppy with my post. I meant to say fish waters where you see a lot of fish follow and eat on the 8. You really learn to refine your technique.

Check out this link to see Cowanjo catch a nice fish on the 8: