Simcoe Perchin

TJC1973

Good Day, I have been out with a few operators on cooks bay this year and had great service each time and caught lots of perch, the problem is that they are all Dink's. I'm doing some research tonight and looking to change it up a bit. Has anyone here been out with snake island ice huts? Any info on this operator or tips to areas other than cooks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Gang.

If you have your own equiptment i would be happy to point you in the right direction to get your own big jumbos.i havent left cooks bay this year and we have been laying a beating on jumbos.

Unfortunately I don't have all the gear just yet. Running on a fixed budget with 3 daughters. Lol. I will take any tips I can get, Feel free to pm me, don't want ruffle feathers. Lol Thanks Gallie

I fished Lefroy last weekend, depths from 15 to 30 feet, caught lots of perch but no keepers, all 6-7 inch. Going to try Gilford maybe this weekend and look for 25 foot depth, just a bit longer of a walk to the deeper water.

Burt :)

Thanks for the replies and PM's. Booked a hut with Tim Hales for Friday, but with some of the good info I got I may have to invest in some more gear and bypass the outfitters next year. I will let ya know how we make out on Friday.

Thanks again,

Terry

I fished Lefroy last weekend, depths from 15 to 30 feet, caught lots of perch but no keepers, all 6-7 inch. Going to try Gilford maybe this weekend and look for 25 foot depth, just a bit longer of a walk to the deeper water.

Burt :)

Kevin

If you still have my PM from last year, short walk and keepers.Dep waters not to far of a walk either.

Nice report Shane.

Hope you let the breeders go. Remember what happen out east. You cant keep them all and think they will reproduce.LOL

Well, we had an excellent trip out with Tim Hale's. Caught a pb perch just a hair under 13 inches and caught around 50 fish for the day.As I had originally requested to avoid the Dink's, this trip lived up to expectations.

Another highlight was the lodge\bait shop at Tims, I could have hung out in there all day. A real fisherman's dream man cave.

Thanks again for those who chimed in.

Cheers,

Terry