Happened in a flash

lew

I have bird feeders on the front lawn and usually have a couple squirrels around that pick up what falls on the ground.

I was looking out the window 10 minutes ago and outta nowhere a fox came flying across the lawn, grabbed the squirrel, shook the daylights out of him and killed him before he even knew what happened. The fox then ran down the road carrying his breakfast with him.

The whole thing start to finish probably didn't take 10 seconds.

OMG.........has anyone reported this to the Animal Abuse Authority..........something must be done before this happens again. Maybe post signs near your bird feeder warning squirrels that a mean fox is present in the area.

How cool is that Lew? My best experience watching mother nature was just a few falls ago while sitting on the deck. We heard a splash and saw a Bald Eagle with a good size smallmouth in it's talons and the fish is going berserk. That was unbelievable to be blessed enough to actually see it first hand. After a few seconds, maybe 20, it dropped the fish and circled back and picked it up again. Saw a Harrier Hawk with a rabbit in it's talons and you could see that it was heavy for the bird because it was struggling to gain altitude.