Buckhorn near tragedy

ketchenany

Well, first of all thank you Mr. Green because some ones father/brother/son will be coming home tonight because of you!

Second, I'd like to know more about this; was he near a river or something? There is at least 14" of ice out here on Sturgeon Lake (I AM NOT SAYING IT IS SAFE) anywhere I have drilled holes in the past few weeks. I would assume that the ice thickness is the same there.

Yea that's weird, I didn't think Upper Buckhorn had that much current or anything, but I could be wrong I have pretty much only fished lower... Glad the guys okay!

But on a side note, did you guys read some of the comments people were posting? some pretty obnoxious people lol, some nice ones as well though don't get me wrong

300lb man is probably riding a large ATV. That could be an easy 1000lbs. Glad everyone was ok

I had experience on Simcoe where the ice 1+ km out was well over 12 inches and where we parked less than six with a small creek that flowed in, we kept clear. Was it a pressure crack?

He must have been close to shore by the sounds of it! glad he made it out safe. At night it may have turned out different.