Theif again Dixie tackle

Handlebarz

I have been posting this around to help Laurie from Dixie tackle we all know how awesome she is well here is our chance to help her. Sorry if the link is not working I can not post the pics I'm in my phone in Ohio so if someone could that would be great. Someone has to know him.

If you know this guy please make sure he reads this. Laurie is such a amazing person she just wants to be paid for the stolen glasses. She helps out the fishing and many other local community events that she does not deserve to be ripped off then have him post pics flipping her off.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=963447317018084&id=119487988080692

Edited by Mike P.

Yea guys I don't get it, he is Sean Spehar according to someone on Facelessbook. The owner knows him. Hopefully she has called the police. Come to think of it he problem is about all that will be done is to take a report over the phone for petty theft. The cops everywhere seem to be busy these days chasing someone down for a pair of sunglasses isn't going to happen. He would have to walk into the cop shop and even then they won't waste the time on a mug shot.

Well, if she doesn't report it you can hardly blame the cops for not doing anything about it!

I will say one thing though; that $65.00 pair of sun glasses sure has generated a lot of exposure for them, Facebook, here, and how many other sites.

Edited by Big Cliff

A tackle shop could never afford the marketing cost for this much exposure. I know it isn't the case here but I wonder how many small businesses manipulate the press and social media to get exposure. Look at that Dragon's Den show, even the businesses that don't get a deal report booming sales once they get on there and get national attention. Can you imagine how much a 20 minute national infommercial in prime time with the CBC that is repeated would cost? Millions for certain.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Well part of that exposure sounds like a shoplifters wet dream."come steal from us, we dont call cops".

But maybe there is another reason behind not calling the cops so who knows.

Maybe it would raise insurance rates or something ?

Regardless this thief has done something very disrespectful

i don't get that idea at all.

the idea i get is, we see how the interweb will destroy the lives of certain individuals.

i'm quite sure the shop owner felt that the interweb would do the same for this fella (ie, the windsor muskie killer).

once I read that she knew who it was, and had their name, the fishy smell started building...

Edited by Steve

I like her style. Who gives a ?&$@ about that lowlife. Sounds like he has bigger problems anyways. I do not feel it's a publicity stunt. It's the hst way to punish this guy cause he likely won't care about some petty theft charge.

Good for her. There's nothing fishy about this at all. Just using social media to fight back a. It.

St Thomas is a small town, grew up there and I fully support the public shaming, it was clearly effective, she tried to let him do the right thing but he declined....she's a super nice lady and has the best tackle in a small crappy town, good for her, hope the cops have enough to pursue charges

I don't know the lady so have no idea what her intentions were but if she knew who he was, where he lived and even his family why post it on facebook with the comment 'If you know this individual".

If she had found out who he was through her facebook post then I would get it but apparently she knew it all along. Her intentions might have been honorable but it doesn't come across that way is all I'm saying.

"This is what a STOLEN a pair of polarized fishing glasses looks like. If you know this individual, you should "encourage" him to bring me $65. This money can be given to any staff at the Dixie with a note of apology. This is your chance."

She was trying to reach out to him via social media, give him a second chance...most wouldn't do that...

need to read the facebook comments...this individual did reply, and his comments say a lot about his character..in her last post she says that she turned it over to the police

Dixie Tackle Shop

Okay everybody, calm down. I am turning it all over to the police. I tried to get my point across....and it went bananas. I tried to give an opportunity and apparently that didn't work out. I am turning everything over to them now. Thanks for all the support....I think it is amazing!

I've had the pleasure of meeting Laurie only once and I get it. One of the nicest and most generous people you'll ever meet. The fact that she wants to give someone an opportunity to make up for a bad decision does not surprise me at all. Too bad they don't appreciate this offer to do so by the sounds of it, another bad decision for them.