Super Bowl 49, who do you like and what will you munch on?

Old Ironmaker

When I was younger we always had or went to big parties now its always the family. Dinner tonight chicken tacos breaded chicken breast and nachos nothing fancy I do have some meatballs here I might warm up also.

I don't really care who wins but do like the pats.

I am running a contest on Facebook for free lure shirt and other Handlebarz stuff.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=357094681141853&substory_index=0&id=100005239712666

Heading to my daughter's for the evening. Patsy had the BBQ and Hot wings cooking. Who knows what all the others will have. Who wins - Di t matter to me. Just bring on the feed and the commercials. Now. ... To win the Handlebarz contest. LOL

You'll have to beat me first Rich lol.

Edited by davey buoy

My father use to make us Pork & Dumplings (he was as German as could be).......so good....did it about the same way but he would put caraway seeds on top of the roast.....we would peel off those little squares of crispy fat and eat them first. We always called them "Crispies" and would fight over them. Then the next day he would cut up the roast and dumplings and put them in a large skillet with gravy to heat them up...BETTER then the first day by far.

ENJOY your roast

My father use to make us Pork & Dumplings (he was as German as could be).......so good....did it about the same way but he would put caraway seeds on top of the roast.....we would peel off those little squares of crispy fat and eat them first. We always called them "Crispies" and would fight over them. Then the next day he would cut up the roast and dumplings and put them in a large skillet with gravy to heat them up...BETTER then the first day by far.

ENJOY your roast

My grandfather used to make the same at the cottage when we all went up there, but we used to call the crispy fat "crackling" and we used to fight over it too :)

Edit: Don't know why it double quoted???

Edited by Joey

That was a good game, though I don't watch football I still don't understand why they went for a pass rather than rushing it in with Lynch, the guy is an animal and for sure could've gotten it in, especially when they still had 2 downs lol oh well

All the talking heads are calling Uncle Petes call the worst call in the 49 years of Super Bowl play. If that was a seasoned QB back there, Rogers, Manning, I can make a long list he would have changed the call to 41 fire. Simple 4 back pounds it through 1 hole. Done, game over, size your ring, go to Disney land. NFL network reports Seattle players screaming at the top of their lungs coming off the field various disparages with Carols name attached. Too bad, no way to lose with the highest scoring RB in the league blocking on a pass play from inside the 5. Stupid is all I can say. Absolutely insane. Coach choked.

Should have, could have , would have, etc. Carroll has always been a gambler. In the first half with 6 seconds to go afield goal try was the obvious thing to do. He gambled and they score a touchdown. Suddenly he's a genius.

Now all the nay sayers call it a dumb play at the end. If the pass is 6 inches to the right, it would have been caught. If the defense was not just perfect that pass is a TD. New England and and the rest of the world expected a running play. We all expect the running play to score, I wonder what the New England defense was thinking? The interception was a split second decision and it worked.

Pete Carroll got them there by gambling, just look at the previous game against Green Bay.

These are pros. They know what they are doing. Shuolda, woulda and coulda are great after the play. It came this close to working. Good call. The gambler lost .......this time.

I didn't like either team and I watched because it is the Super Bowl. Great game.

My thoughts for NE was just let them score fast so you have extra time on the clock. I was with the rest of the world Lynch will run it in but was shocked to see it flying through the air. My wife and I were both yelling NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

then the interception Woohoo what a great game. I am not a huge fan of either team but have always like watching the Pats. Back in the 90's I was Green Bay all the way but now I watch for players I like not any 1 team. Lynch is awesome to watch same as Wilson. I would have loved to see Indy there.

Best Super Bowl I have seen in many years. Usually I head to bed at 9 to get sleep for work last night I stayed up for the end glad I did.

i can understand the thinking behind it, pick on a rookie dman, who doesn;t have a single career INT, you still have 3rd and 4th downs, you still had 30 seconds on the clock with NE having 3 timeouts, and brady has picking apart your defense all day. so pass the ball and run some time off the clock and give the ball to NE with as little time left as possible

Big games are won and lost on great plays and the NE defensive back made a GREAT play....his only interception in his rookie year.

Somehow I was hoping both teams could lose because I can't stand either one.........and in a small way they did.......Seattle LOST the game and NE just got lucky Seattle didn't run the ball because NE knew the game was in the bag for Seattle until a stupid pass play was called.

So as I said.............NE didn't win the game.......Seattle LOST the game, similar to the Bills losing Super Bowl 25 to the Giants.

Now that the smoke has cleared the thinking behind he call was that Lynch had 5 previous attempts from inside the 1 during the season, he was stopped 4 times. Not one QB had thrown a pick from the 1 yard line during the entire season including playoffs. So the odds were in coaches favor.

Muddler, if everyone thought the way that you do there would be no reason to pay all the talking heads out there. And by the way while I have this keyboard this Monday AM, this armchair QB must admit you are right as far as second guessing, that's were the fun is.