Another Simcoe white fish show

icefisherman

This one was very quick....first thing in the morning....walking in the dark...fishing by 7:20am....by 7:40 I had my limit of white fish....for the next little while got few more....final score was 14/16. Wind became very strong so no reason to freeze and left really early. Interesting point today was when one of the white fish was so eager to come and say "Hi" it kicked so hard with its tail and catapulted itself right out of the hole and started flipping on the ice with no help at all from my side...ha ha ha

Bought one of the Vibrato lures yesterday. Lots of rumors about it in the last couple years so I thought I should test it and see myself....Would never pay again $15 +tax for a jigging lure....used for about an hour....got one whitie on it and 2-3 bumps....not as good as people say it is....not for white fish anyways...maybe it works better on lakers but I could care less for them...Seems it is just marketing hype.....anyhow....wasted money as far as I am concerned....will never buy another one. Have 100 times more success with the Meegs...and can buy 6-7 Meegs (special price;-) for the price of one overvalued Vbrato. Oh well....learning as we go...

Here is the daily portion of fish enjoyment for your eyes only ;-) Sorry but many of the whities today were camera shy and didn't stay still for many of the shots, hence the out of focus pictures....

20150123_072948_resized_zpsa9ghby0h.jpg

20150123_073723_resized_zps3d6nu938.jpg

20150123_080715_resized_zpswnknzatp.jpg

20150123_081110_resized_zpsfca6mthj.jpg

20150123_093811_resized_zps7xdhcyqf.jpg

20150123_083927_resized_zpshgj3rfjf.jpg

20150123_083919_resized_zpsfasaofwx.jpg

20150123_090610_resized_zpsns3ktwsg.jpg

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

Sounds like another great morning out there. Jeez, trying to improve on a record of 14/16 is setting the bar pretty high! You've got it dialed in...changing to a Vibrado ain't going to help any! I guess it can be fun to catch fish on new lures/techniques though. Thanks for the report and pics.

Was that you that I talked to at True Canadian Outdoors? We talked about the Meegs, the Vibrato and our kids.

I ended up buying a Vibrato and almost immediately regretted it.

Well small world and it rotates Bud....yep it was me....I am going to put mine for sale on Kijiji ha ha ha ;-) I can think of few better ways to spend $17 :worthy::wallbash:

See if they agree we return them for half price :angel:

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Yes those are big holes, but...................

...........there was an older lad on the Bay of Quinte (dead now, God bless him) that used to spud holes about two feet square. His gaff was a piece of two by four with about an eight inch spike through it, no such thing as catch and release. And one time I visited him at home he had the BIGGEST walleye I ever saw in his basement sink in preparation for filleting it. That walleye had to have been at least fifteen pounds. My biggest ever was twelve, and this fish dwarfed that. And he refused to take it and get it weighed....

Anyways, his partially frozen-over holes were man traps, and one of my buddies went down in one of them, both legs and up to his waist, scary stuff.

And by the way, what an awesome report!

Doug

Fun fun morning...for you guys!! I missed all the action and had to settle for one 3lber around noon. Great report Ice :)

And thanks for the K-9 transportation Back in Meegs, that ice was way slippery for the pooch. So she rode in a toboggan lol