Prop Repair

glenner

Wanted to drop a belated thanks to the board for the quick response I got a couple of months ago when I posted looking for a local shop to replace my prop hub.

Took the suggested advice and went to City Wide Welding in Mississauga and boy was I ever pleased! I took my 25 year old prop in to have the hub replaced and when I went to pick it up, I tried to tell him that he was giving me back the wrong prop! They not only replaced the hub, but repaired many years of nicks and dings and dents and painted it so it looks brand new, all for the original quoted price for hub replacement.

Great service and I can't wait to get my "new" prop in the water as I'm sure I'll notice the difference..

And you'll think ypu have a new boat too with newly repaired and balanced prop be mucj smoother

I'm sure you're right. I finally figured out that this was what was causing me to lose 2-3 mph off top speed for each of the last several years. (At least I hope that was the cause)

• 2 weeks later...

How long did you have to wait to get the prop repaired?

turnaround time likely varies with how busy they are. i've dropped a dinged prop off on monday and had it ready for the boat friday in peak summer. Edited by Raf

turnaround time likely varies with how busy they are. i've dropped a dinged prop off on monday and had it ready for the boat friday in peak summer.

It was 10 days turnaround for my prop repair - might have been quicker if I asked, but I wasn't in a hurry.

Sour_Squirrel, don't know if they do repairs to stainless or not, trying to remember if I saw any stainless props there of the hundreds they had on the shelves, but I can't recall.

I'm sure a call to them would get you an answer to that question.

It was 10 days turnaround for my prop repair - might have been quicker if I asked, but I wasn't in a hurry.

Sour_Squirrel, don't know if they do repairs to stainless or not, trying to remember if I saw any stainless props there of the hundreds they had on the shelves, but I can't recall.

I'm sure a call to them would get you an answer to that question.

Yes he does as well as re pitch or change pitch if you want.

i've been to see louie a few times so far in my boating experience....hell we've even invite each other to family functions

does great work on aluminum and stainless steel.....not too mention lower units!!!! :whistling:

last bump i had only cost me 400....and that was for a mangled skeg and two major dents on my prop...