• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well my daughter gave a a turkey carcass from the weekend as she can't be bothered to make stock and soup. She has it figured out now, get Dad to do it all and then get soup for nothing. But that's OK

A leg of lamb was in order at my house yesterday. Sous vide for 30 hours at 132° F. Best lamb I've ever had. 

I don't know who this Ron guy is.. but those burgers look good, at least the bacon part!! LOL

Posted Images

Had some more fun with the oven today. 
Cathy (my wife) and I put a bunch of different pizza toppings out on a table and rolled out some dough 35 small (12”) round pizza crusts/bottoms  
Told a bunch of friends that around 3 the oven will be up to temp (600 degrees) and they were welcome to come over and make their own pies. The best was watching/helping the kids build their pizzas. They were so proud of themselves when they saw the result of their effort. Even the adults had a good time many saying they had never did this before. At the end of the cooking and eating most of the people stuck around and helped with the clean up. Good old trailer trash pulling together and having a good time. 
AA19806D-9C03-481C-BD37-555225785F07.jpeg.29bbfaa9e7068f7cf49e226b8eb32fb1.jpeg7A7AC5E7-80E5-4017-BFB8-1D3B49172270.jpeg.1140ed2233638d37570af20e31e0a099.jpegC3B53122-3436-467E-8C7A-F2F3E974DB68.jpeg.cf8b7cdadfcd17440a4ba0b968c2cb18.jpeg29BBAA8C-D4EE-4F7A-908E-6EAFFBD7511E.jpeg.795d69167546d4d79cd9f70d89ed5898.jpeg

36348443-B22E-48F1-A2DC-4049660E7140.jpeg

• Like 1

I had a nice big Moose Roast given to me so I decided to filleted it open, stuffed it and roll it up in a Bacon weave and Cherry Wood smoke it.

A little messy when it was time to carve it up but oh so good. Six big slices went into vacuum sealed bags for quick Sous vide reheats when desired.

M1.jpg

M2.jpg

M3.jpg

M4.jpg

M5.jpg

M6.jpg

• Like 3
29 minutes ago, akaShag said:

Amazing indeed.

But WAYYYYYYYY too many veggies on that plate!  😉

Doug

Thanks Doug, but my waist line begs me to limit the carb intake and I won't sacrifice my beer.  ;)

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Spiel said:

Thanks Doug, but my waist line begs me to limit the carb intake and I won't sacrifice my beer.  ;)

Life is about sacrifices, for sure.  But remember, vegetables are what FOOD eats!

Doug

• Like 1

DanD, you have to be kidding me. Way to go my young man. I have had the immense pleasure of eating Porketta in a Roman market  on a few occasions. It must be warm for me to eat it sacrilegious to some, whomever they are, it must be cold. What we do agree on it must be eaten as a sangwidge on a thick crust Italian bread with large air pockets within. We always prepared the pig at home and trudged it off to a cousins bakery in Hamilton at God awful hours of the night to bake in his wood oven.  Your Porketta is a work of food art. Way to go mangi. 

Italian bread trivia. The thicker the crust the longer a loaf will last. They bake a bread in Puglia that will last 2 weeks before going stale. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • 1 month later...

One of my favourite threads over here is silent for a while. Hopefully, there will be some pics after the weekend. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!