cooking thread...

PS) The pot on the stove behind my left arm probably had a very pretty something or other in it but I did not think to take photos. My bad.

And yes that IS a four litre (empty) wine bag in a box type bag, and yes there was still some work to be done on the last 66 pounder. But we were equal to the task.

Doug

back to Brian B..........

We got up early to fish a lake loaded with jumbo perch and walleye.

The wind was 40 kph or similar.

My host owned a 12 foot tinnie.

And the forecast was for the winds to INCREASE (which they did).

So while I would rather have been putting the steel to perch and walleye, there was no way we were going to get out on the water. Which caused the fall-back to the liquid lunch and all that.

Doug

Pork shoulder pulled pork with some various spices and my favourite BBQ sauce for pulled pork, presidents choice beer & chipotle smoking stampede

This was 6.5 hours in the oven and when I took it out the bone came out 100% clean perfecto

Oh and I tossed in a yellow onion too then after the fact crisped up the skin for crackling and cut it into squares and then mixed it in with the rest of the pork... Making sure I don't miss any nights at the gym now haha

Edited by Lucas F

I do not usually take pictures of my food. I don't have a smartphone, I don't do the Facebook thing, etc etc. But anyways I figured what the heck I can take a picture at least once. Here you go:

Doctor Doug's Duck Soup with Wild Rice and Pear. Very tasty, even if I do say so myself. (But recall the philosopher's advice: "The guests, not the chef, judge the meal."

Posted Image

• 1 month later...

Up early and bored today, so my daughter and I decided to make some crock pot ribs?

Super easy but tasty nonetheless.

Here is a few pics(ill post finished product in about 7 hours lol)

First step, get some ribs

Second make a simple sauce. I use 4 cups brown sugar, 4 cups ketchup, 4 cups vinegar, a nice dollap of minced garlic and add a pepsi.

Let it heat up in the crock pot abit then whisk until smooth.

Add in your ribs, cook on low for whatever lol, 7 or 8 hours and you have delish and simple ribs.

Drain fat outta sauce when done, add sauce on top of some rice and serve with some steamed broccoli.

20150311_094353_zpsokipjz66.jpg

20150311_100000_zpsw1tykjzx.jpg

20150311_100200_zpst6pkevrd.jpg

20150311_100411_zps3ist9zje.jpg

20150311_102817_zpsavob3vqu.jpg

20150311_104445_zpsty1jtawr.jpg

And make sure your "helper" does the dishes and cleans off the working surfaces lol

I do not usually take pictures of my food. I don't have a smartphone, I don't do the Facebook thing, etc etc. But anyways I figured what the heck I can take a picture at least once. Here you go:

Doctor Doug's Duck Soup with Wild Rice and Pear. Very tasty, even if I do say so myself. (But recall the philosopher's advice: "The guests, not the chef, judge the meal."

That's looks freakin awesome! (I'm a soup guy)

G

Duck_soup.JPG

Up early and bored today, so my daughter and I decided to make some crock pot ribs?

Super easy but tasty nonetheless.

Here is a few pics(ill post finished product in about 7 hours lol)

First step, get some ribs

Second make a simple sauce. I use 4 cups brown sugar, 4 cups ketchup, 4 cups vinegar, a nice dollap of minced garlic and add a pepsi.

Let it heat up in the crock pot abit then whisk until smooth.

Add in your ribs, cook on low for whatever lol, 7 or 8 hours and you have delish and simple ribs.

Drain fat outta sauce when done, add sauce on top of some rice and serve with some steamed broccoli.

20150311_094353_zpsokipjz66.jpg

20150311_100000_zpsw1tykjzx.jpg

20150311_100200_zpst6pkevrd.jpg

20150311_100411_zps3ist9zje.jpg

20150311_102817_zpsavob3vqu.jpg

20150311_104445_zpsty1jtawr.jpg

And make sure your "helper" does the dishes and cleans off the working surfaces lol

Ohhh dang! Looks like a good cook! I knew I liked you.... Pepsi drinkers unite! Hate Coke... Can't stand the stuff.

Show us the finished product :)

I spend too much time on the food network channel

:)

G