cooking thread...

Mmmmmm deep fried turkey!!!

So today I wanted to make a high protein bread.

Followed no recipe and somehow, first try, I made a bread that would yield 24 grams of protein per serving, plus cinnamon for blood sugar control

I'm shocked it worked. Tastes like vanilla Bannock

I'm stoked

20150119_132519_zpsvbvqy9ve.jpg

20150119_133135_zps55aenyei.jpg

Edited by manitoubass2

I'm surprised you're not 400 lbs with all that awesome stuff coming out of your kitchen on a regular basis Ric :)

Well I'm half way there Chris???

And thanks...

I just like to cook and experiment. Some stuff works and some really doesn't haha.

I keep my weight down by playing outdoors and having 6 kids hahah.

Even the best meals I usually just get scraps?

May sound weird but I find cooking kills my appetite

Fresh frybread, topped with Carmelized apples, fried sundries tomatoes, and a nice black forest Ham/brown sugar.

Mmmmmm

Everything looks scrumptious MB2!

I've spent the afternoon in the kitchen chopping, dicing, washing and stirring in order to whip up a pot of chili and a pot of soup.

The chili is not for the faint of heart, Jalapenos, assorted spices along with 6lbs of ground beef, a large coil of BBQ'd hot Italian sausage and a pound of bacon, 2lbs of mushrooms and assorted legumes. Should feed me several times over before the grounds thaws out in April. ;)

cMCBrwV.jpg

xMzYBq2.jpg

vyjPZ7K.jpg

Along with that an off the top of my head soup with some ingredients I had on hand.

A creamy sweet potato/squash soup with a dash of curry, tastes pretty good I must say.

rLCYDyR.jpg

olNjKmG.jpg

R2xxInd.jpg

Looking forward to dinner now, just undecided as to what I'll have. :)

• Like 1

Yes I was thinking that maybe most folks would not get that one.

When you fire a Carl Gustav anti-tank rocket, it's a two-man team. Number I is the gunner, number 2 is the loader and safety man. After the rocket is loaded, the gunner asks the loader to confirm that the lock is engaged, because when the round goes off, there is a ferocious back-blast. So you want to make sure that the back-blast of explosive gases doesn't happen in the gun..........

Coq-au-Vin, made from chicken (or better yet, grouse or pheasant) and served with a nice Burgundy. This one is from France's Cote de Beaune region ... and far too nice to cook with, so I use a cheap bottle of Ontario Pinot Noir to actually stew the bird in.

Quick and easy to make, delicious beyond words, and actually healthy for you!

IMG_0147_zps49182e95.jpg

Edited by Craig_Ritchie

Everything looks scrumptious MB2!

I've spent the afternoon in the kitchen chopping, dicing, washing and stirring in order to whip up a pot of chili and a pot of soup.

The chili is not for the faint of heart, Jalapenos, assorted spices along with 6lbs of ground beef, a large coil of BBQ'd hot Italian sausage and a pound of bacon, 2lbs of mushrooms and assorted legumes. Should feed me several times over before the grounds thaws out in April. ;)

cMCBrwV.jpg

xMzYBq2.jpg

vyjPZ7K.jpg

Along with that an off the top of my head soup with some ingredients I had on hand.

A creamy sweet potato/squash soup with a dash of curry, tastes pretty good I must say.

rLCYDyR.jpg

olNjKmG.jpg

R2xxInd.jpg

Looking forward to dinner now, just undecided as to what I'll have. :)

Chris try roasting th veggies first tossed in a little canola oil. Intensifies the taste....

Holy geez spiel that looks awesome!!!

I love my chilli as hot as I can make it, and as hearty as I can make it.

that soup looks very interesting. I'd like to try that

Squash and/or sweet potato soup are thick rich soups perfect for warming you on a winter's day. I've still got a couple dozen squash in the cooler. Time to turn some into a decadent sweet squash casserole with graham crumble crust,

Squash and/or sweet potato soup are thick rich soups perfect for warming you on a winter's day. I've still got a couple dozen squash in the cooler. Time to turn some into a decadent sweet squash casserole with graham crumble crust,

I have to try a yam soup. Please inbox me with advice. Pretty please?

Been working on a couple of things lately; Cold smoked salmon/trout. I think I pretty much have that one nailed down and it is so easy to do.

Made my first slab of bacon last week, turned out not too bad for a first attempt and no fancy chemicals in it. I will make some adjustments next slab I make, I used coarse sea salt, next batch will be kosher salt (crystals are a little larger and don't break down as quickly) and I cold smoked it with cherry wood which is a little strong, I'll go with apple or maple next time.

I was really amazed at how easy it was to do it and the taste is way better than any you can buy in the store and it cost about half of a good store bought bacon. I also like the fact that it isn't loaded with nitrates.

I still have to do some more work on my smoke generators, there is a lot of wasted smoke from the one I am using now. I think I am going to build a new smoker and I am thinking that one of those little bar fridges would be perfect, anyone have one that they would like to donate??????

Got a pot of bear stew brewing right now and some home made bread ready to go in the oven in about an hour. (now you know how I got to be Big Cliff) LOL.

Hey, anyone ever tried to make home made vodka? That is something I'd like to learn!