cooking thread...

• 1 month later...

Abita of a German  with a twist. 

I blended Musturd with blackbean garlic and let it get happy in the fridge over night. Onions and pickle mix and 3 with portabello  mushrooms. Did a quick kinda sear then in the baking dish. 350 for 40 min later. 

Mashed taters and acorn squash will be the side dish.

20240107_122453.jpg20240107_122641.jpg20240107_122926.jpg20240107_123757.jpg20240107_130006.jpg

• Like 1

So I don't usually take pictures of my food, because my wife thinks it is highly aberrant behaviour.  I catch enough flak for other stuff that I don't need to add to the topics where my behaviour is found wanting.

BUT!  If she is not around, I can take some pics.  Tonight it was DUCK BALLS!!! with sweet Thai chili sauce on acini de pepe pasta, very toothsome even if I say so myself.  That black spot on the parchment paper is evidence of quality control before the sauce got added.  😉

The duck balls are meatballs of course.  I had made some country style (caseless) Italian sausage with duck meat, and had one package left, so I did it as meatballs.

Doug

duck balls (1).jpg

duck balls (2).jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I posted here and while I cook/eat every day I don't always take pictures. But I was bragging to my daughter about making Pizza and a Big Ass Calzone from scratch so I took some pictures.  ;)

And here they are, topping/filling are the same for both. ~ Mild Italian Sausage, Yellow Bell Pepper, Onion, Black Olives and plenty of freshly grated Mozz.

PIE Feb 4.jpg

Calzone 1.jpg

Calzone 2.jpg

Calzone 3.jpg

Calzone 4.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiel said:

Been a while since I posted here and while I cook/eat every day I don't always take pictures.

Yep, same here!

Your pizza and calzone look mighty toothsome!

Doug

• Like 1

Sometimes the simplest meals are the best meals...

Shucked a couple of dozen Irish Point oysters from PEI. Some freshly grated horseradish along with lemon and hot sauce...but we really don't like to put much on them. A green salad and loaf of crusty bread. Washed it down with a bottle of Moet.

Oh man.. oysters are at their best this time year...

20240127_183642.jpg

Edited by CrowMan
  • Like 2

On 2/7/2024 at 10:17 AM, CrowMan said:

Sometimes the simplest meals are the best meals...

Shucked a couple of dozen Irish Point oysters from PEI. Some freshly grated horseradish along with lemon and hot sauce...but we really don't like to put much on them. A green salad and loaf of crusty bread. Washed it down with a bottle of Moet.

Oh man.. oysters are at their best this time year...

20240127_183642.jpg

Mmmm, I'd be all over that!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, misfish said:

Smoked baby back bacon ribs

Looks fabulous, Brian.

Did you take some back ribs, brine them in a bacon brine (or rub), then smoke?  Don't think I ever saw "baby back ribs" for sale?

Doug

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, akaShag said:

Looks fabulous, Brian.

Did you take some back ribs, brine them in a bacon brine (or rub), then smoke?  Don't think I ever saw "baby back ribs" for sale?

Doug

They were last best before last date. Got a 2 pack for $11 at Zhers. I just did a dry rub,brown sugar / kosher salt. Let get happy for 3 days,flipping over each day. Rinse,let air dry for 4hours after patting dry,then in the smoker for the 3,2,1. Smoked with apple.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, manitoubazz said:

I absolutely love making these potatoes

and what are they?  I see lots of cheese, but what else?

Doug

BTW, good to see you back on YOUR thread!!!

Edited by akaShag
  • Like 1

Fried pickle burger.

Chicken thighs in a blueberry sauce with Brussel sprouts cooked in butter and lotsa garlic.

Naked walleye baked in butter/garlic and seasoned.

Last is probably the best soup I ever made and I forget what I even used in it lol

IMG_20240408_231602_657.jpg

IMG_20230131_203018_225.jpg

IMG_20221019_222821_956.jpg

IMG_20220924_141712_136.jpg