cooking thread...

Sounds great, Chris. Looks like we're using the same slow cooker today. I (we) cook all week and Saturdays so Sunday often becomes a slow cooker day. I opted for beef stroganoff for today. I'll take a pic or two later. Bon appetit.

I don't know how this will look but here is a slab of home made bacon I just took out of the smoker.

Ok, forget it, I can cook, but I can never remember how to post a picture on here LOL.

Edited by Big Cliff

I don't know how this will look but here is a slab of home made bacon I just took out of the smoker.

Ok, forget it, I can cook, but I can never remember how to post a picture on here LOL.

Hey now thats not fair! I really wanna see/taste this bacon. Figure it out cliff. You have photobucket right? Click on the pic you want and it will show an arrow like symbol. Click on that and it brings up the codes. Click on the bottom one and it says copy to clipboard. Come on here and just paste on the screen.

Like this...

FB_IMG_1427575777552_zpsuhyfmoc6.jpg

back to Blue Lk, many thanks. That is awfully close to something that one might call Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Teriyaki................

and yes I can see that the sodium would be awfully high with bacon and that much high octane soya sauce.

I am thinking that a person could cube up the t-loins, wrap them with part slices of bacon, use the same marinade, put them on a bamboo skewer and BBQ on HIGH for just a few minutes, they would still be pink in the middle but the bacon would be crispy on the outside.

And I passed a little grocery store with a good butcher, advertising pork t-loins on special today - but did not stop...........this one might have to wait.

Doug (aka Shag)

Edited by akaShag

Ok sorry, I just spent half an hour trying and I am sick of the Photobucket popups telling me I am the Lucky Visitor.

You'll just have to use your imigination!

Get a blocker lol. I dont get pop ups or nothing on my photobucket.

Anyhow its no big deal. Actually can you txt me the image? Ill inbox ya

Its bacon, i prefer not to use my imagination lol. I will go to great lengths...???

A few old pics...

FB_IMG_1427661159319_zpslwvcixl6.jpg

those ribs were good but a lil too dry. I was just learning ribs lol

These are some meatballs I love to make. They look burnt but I add that crisp the last few minutes to add some texture

FB_IMG_1427660440855_zpsc6fagbiw.jpg

This is from my cousins camp narrows. I saved the photo for inspiration lol. It looks good to me!

FB_IMG_1427663320101_zpscedzq9e2.jpg

No cooking today. Strictly leftover letdown day accumulated over the past 3 days. Gotta clear the fridge before we start into all the Easter goodies come Friday.

Yep thats us tomorrow as well. That or the dogs eat better then kings.

Im still sick so tonight I just made a simple casserole with mushroom soup, chicken breast, broccoli and cheese on a bed of rice. No "real" cooking tonight just sheer convenience. Still tastes good though? served on the finest china so I hardly had to do dishes either lol

20150329_195251_zps5yrdryzx.jpg

Thank you for posting that for me! It is a little hard to tell from the picture but that is a 4lb slab of pork belly cured for a week then cold smoked for about 3 hours. It tastes even better than it looks!

Cliff , do I see a rind on that, I haven't nibbled bacon off a rind in over 50 years.