cooking thread...

Now that the warmer weather is on it's way I'm going to be starting to make my home made bacon again in about another week, it is so much better than anything you can buy in the store. You have no idea how much better it is without all the nitrates, the one I am doing is all natural cured then smoked.

Still have a bit of work to do on perfecting the smoking, I did the last batch with hickory and it was good but just a little strong on the smoke side. Going to try maple and apple as well.

My butcher likes it so much he has asked me to do some more for him (he gives me a really good deal on the pork bellies though).

I am going to up size my smoker slightly this year, has anyone got a bar fridge that doesn't work anymore (or that they want to get rid of). I am also working on a new model cold smoke generator, the one I have now works well but I know I can make it better!

At this rate I need to live another 70 years just to get all these projects done LOL.

Ohhh dang! Looks like a good cook! I knew I liked you.... Pepsi drinkers unite! Hate Coke... Can't stand the stuff.

Show us the finished product :)

I spend too much time on the food network channel

:)

G

Hahaha right on man.

Yep ill post the finished product tonight.

I really like this recipe because of the moisture makes the meat fall right off the bone. Its easier for my kids to eat and they go nuts over the sauce.

I actually prefer mine boiled then bbq'd.

But these are delish, and seriously takes maybe 10 minutes prep. Then ya just sit back and enjoy the smell as it fills the house lol

Edited by manitoubass2

Now that the warmer weather is on it's way I'm going to be starting to make my home made bacon again in about another week, it is so much better than anything you can buy in the store. You have no idea how much better it is without all the nitrates, the one I am doing is all natural cured then smoked.

Still have a bit of work to do on perfecting the smoking, I did the last batch with hickory and it was good but just a little strong on the smoke side. Going to try maple and apple as well.

My butcher likes it so much he has asked me to do some more for him (he gives me a really good deal on the pork bellies though).

I am going to up size my smoker slightly this year, has anyone got a bar fridge that doesn't work anymore (or that they want to get rid of). I am also working on a new model cold smoke generator, the one I have now works well but I know I can make it better!

At this rate I need to live another 70 years just to get all these projects done LOL.

Homemade bacon.

Very intrigued.

Sounds amazing?

Just made up a batch of moose burgers. Had a 3/4 lb of moose ground a pound of ground beef. Mix in Italian bread crumbs and 2 eggs. Turns out fantastic, taste is predominantly moose but the beef is pretty well mandatory for the fat content and helps to keep things together

WP_20150312_15_52_04_Pro_zpsymjgf91a.jpg

I don't cook often/a big variety but my green curry is world famous. ;)

a good curry paste (or make your own) - not pre made sauce or what-have-you, and keffir lime leaves are key.

normally I use chicken... but fish works too!

prep.jpg

dinner.jpg

Edited by Raf

I don't cook often/a big variety but my green curry is world famous. ;)

a good curry paste (or make your own) and keffir lime leaves are key.

normally I use chicken... but fish works too!

prep.jpg

dinner.jpg

Looks fantastic, almost a variation on Butter Chicken which I happen to love. Never thought of trying it with fish!

Maybe another topic could be added under the extra resources section.

Food & recipes?

YES!!!

Also my venison roast is already smelling amazing!

Cant wait for supper tonight!!!

Now to figure out sides? Im thinking twice baked potatoes and some steamed carrots

Looks fantastic, almost a variation on Butter Chicken which I happen to love. Never thought of trying it with fish!

With fish, you just need to remember it cooks a lot quicker than chicken or beef so you need to remove it for a bit after searing it in the oil/curry paste/ground shallot & lemon grass concoction at the very beginning that's ready for meat when it makes you sneeze / cough. Ooops I said tooo much. :D

really, any meat should work and may even make some palatable. :)

Edited by Raf

A digital version of this idea would be easy enough to accomplish. Available as a .pdf and easily printable at home or the office.... Yearly revisions and additions could be made expanding the recipes over time... A yearly subscription of say 5-10 bucks get you access to the Ebook. A simple online form to submit reciepes would take 10 minutes to create...

I would like to see the funds raised from this go to keeping this site up and running (trust me they aren't making any money here) with the balance remaining going to charity.... Any registered one will do to keep things accountable.

This is a pretty cool idea and if I can help to make it happen... Let me know.

G