cooking thread...

Hahahaha true cliff!

Here is a nothing fancy xmas dinner.

Turkey, ham(its in there somewhere?) Broccoli pasta salad, stuffing, mashed taters and some fried bread.

20141225_195801_zpsl1ua2vcx.jpg

From scratch pizza. Kids love these, well so do I but boy its a mess making the dough IMG_517725352638636_zpsfo6jcenm.jpeg

Shorelunch

Crappie, potatoes/onion, an eggs and beans

IMG_64398621590585_zpsnrmo5xel.jpeg

Sausage with fried apple:)

iphonenov2012250.jpg

april2012017.jpg

april2012016.jpg

Bigcliff visiting for dinner lol

julyaug2011156.jpg

I gotta try these cold smoked foods...

Ive made beer and dandelion wine but no vodka lol. Hard booze is not for me

I'm not much for hard booze either but I have made wine and beer (actually have a beer named after me "Bignells Pilsner".) Not sure if that is something to be proud of or not LOL.

About 30 years ago there was a place in Milton called Hogshead Brew Club, I think it was on Nipissing Rd.

That was back in the days when you actually had to go in and measure things out and brew it. I enjoyed doing it and started playing around with recipies and developed one that a lot of people seemed to really like.

They actually took out a full page add in the local news paper with my picture on it inviting people to come in and try Bignell's Pilsner. I have a laminated copy of it around here somewhere. I don't know if they are still in business or not and my copy of the recipe is long gone but it was a lot of fun at the time.

About 30 years ago there was a place in Milton called Hogshead Brew Club, I think it was on Nipissing Rd.

That was back in the days when you actually had to go in and measure things out and brew it. I enjoyed doing it and started playing around with recipies and developed one that a lot of people seemed to really like.

They actually took out a full page add in the local news paper with my picture on it inviting people to come in and try Bignell's Pilsner. I have a laminated copy of it around here somewhere. I don't know if they are still in business or not and my copy of the recipe is long gone but it was a lot of fun at the time.

Damn, wheres the royalties? Lol

Speaking of life's pleasures.

Supper consists of slow simmered ribs and pineapple. Sides of garlic mash potato, buttercup squash casserole with a buttery graham crumble.

Sorry for the lack of pics. Still on the loaner Mac. Too old to access a lot of programs, including photobucket.

M2B, care to the skinny on the fry bread? I have that Diabetes thing and have 2 slices of bread a week, maybe 3 if I'm letting loose. I've had most every bread ever baked one time or another. Haven't tried the fry bread though. Maybe once years ago at a 6 Nations Pow Wow, I think 20 years ago. Please share the recipe with us. Actually sounds healthy if it has a slow Glycemic response. The higher the protein usually the lower the response which is very good for us.

I had real Coq au vin made with Rooster by a French born neighbor on the Ottawa River way back when, it was great, actually closer to fantastique.

Moosebunk, in Italian cooking your dish is known as "Bruscetta con forage et pomodoro dolce "

Edited by Old Ironmaker

M2B, care to the skinny on the fry bread? I have that Diabetes thing and have 2 slices of bread a week, maybe 3 if I'm letting loose. I've had most every bread ever baked one time or another. Haven't tried the fry bread though. Maybe once years ago at a 6 Nations Pow Wow, I think 20 years ago. Please share the recipe with us. Actually sounds healthy if it has a slow Glycemic response. The higher the protein usually the lower the response which is very good for us.

I had real Coq au vin made with Rooster by a French born neighbor on the Ottawa River way back when, it was great, actually closer to fantastique.

Moosebunk, in Italian cooking your dish is known as "Bruscetta con forage et pomodoro dolce "

Frybread would be horrible for your diabetes.

Its oven bannock that might that might help ya.

When you refer to the protein content, are you talking about the bannock I made a week or two back? I just ask because "real" oven bannock doesnt have much for protein either. I added my own whey isolate to boost the protein content.

I actually made a few loafs for us and a few for a friend that bodybuilds. Shes a nurse and I was gonna make a few more batches and go test our blood sugar response to the bread.this bread is very high protein as far as bread is concerned.

Ill inbox ya my recipe after a few blood test lol

Here is the fist batch. Actually tastes like a hybrid between bread and cake.

20150119_132519_zpsvbvqy9ve.jpg

Whole wheat with blueberry version. This one was sweetened with stevia and I never used enough. It looks okay but in reality was very bland 20150124_142502_zps9yijgpsx.jpg