cooking thread...

1 hour ago, mamona said:

This is the best pic I saw today!
I googled your Blackstone, they are calling it 'cooking station'. Running on propane. Very tempting...

1 hour ago, mamona said:

This is the best pic I saw today!
I googled your Blackstone, they are calling it 'cooking station'. Running on propane. Very tempting...

They do killer fried rice but I probably use it for bacon and smash burgers more than anything.

well my education just got a bit broader.  Never HEARD of smash burgers before..........but I guess that is pretty much what I do when I cook my own burgers or country style sausages.  Roll them into a ball and press down into a hot pan.  But not cast iron on my glass stovetop...........

31 minutes ago, akaShag said:

well my education just got a bit broader.  Never HEARD of smash burgers before..........but I guess that is pretty much what I do when I cook my own burgers or country style sausages.  Roll them into a ball and press down into a hot pan.  But not cast iron on my glass stovetop...........

Ya, you really have to be careful with those cast behemoths on the glass top. 

8 minutes ago, akaShag said:

Must be tricky to keep the pressure from fluctuating!

I put up one of those portable tarp sheds and keep my smoker and canning pot burner in there. Yes while smoking it does get a bit thick in there; but my temps stay consistent. Cough, cough burning eyes. LOL 

This just reminded me, I have a bunch of salmon to smoke tonight or I'll have to leave it as lox and I'll be the only one eating it; oh well? LOL

Dan.

Edited by DanD

2 hours ago, akaShag said:

Once you do smash burgers, most folks are hooked.  That slight crust, some Vidalia onion, fresh mater, Ivanhoe cheese and toast the bun on the flat top.  Add an ice cold wheat beverage and you are good to go.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 5:33 AM, misfish said:

Stuffed pork rolls .

Very yummy .

Only seasoning you need .

PB230014.JPG.e371854ad2306ce9c35cc3ecb8b81b64.JPG

I put the pork in a large zip lock and rolled out to about 3/16 thick and sliced in 2 sections.

PB230009.JPG.1af473163bbc424086230e307a5a93a2.JPG

Layered with procuto,partialy fried mushrooms and top with havartti cheese .

PB230010.JPG.c16fbf03c4711a181c3437900e4a45c4.JPG

PB230011.JPG.eb12b5f8fe22434feaed5dded523f5da.JPG

PB230012.JPG.f0f3ca71f9ddeb4b060f69c47434705f.JPG

Roll,wrap and leave in fridge til ready to cook.

PB230013.JPG.de53fd0db6e27b336cda47ef6da1dd55.JPG

Sear all sides and ends to avoid cheese and juices from escaping .

PB230015.JPG.d7a9cb123257d231468252fa5c68fb21.JPG

Bake 350 for 1 hour on a rack .

PB230017.JPG.aebf67a13fa8172f757ff13c439069c3.JPG

YUMMY:D

PB230018.JPG.129efd1de676ba16b65f82e76f0cd32b.JPG

PB230019.JPG.51cf24bb43780e36dbb3c5a66734fb15.JPG

Have you checked at this place on Commerce Park Rd for the spice packs.  http://www.russianflyers.com/business/4268

When the back says no to outdoor activity and there's apples in the garage.  An apple cranberry crunch into the oven.  Should be done in 35 minutes.   Too bad there's no smell-o-meter, can't walk past it without sampling.

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0558.JPG

Edited by Fisherman
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Pork loins were on at a great price last week so I picked one up. Looking to try something different this time so I decided to try making my own schnitzel and I'm sure happy I did. I ended up with with 14 slabs that after trimming I put in a gallon ziplock two at a time and pounded them down to 1/4" slabs with a rubber mallet. Spiced up the flour with salt, fresh ground pepper and my own smoked paprika. Added a bunch of worcestershire to the egg and milk mix and then used my own smoked bread crumbs. Added fresh rosemary sprigs to the oil/butter mix on low heat for a few minutes and then removed them before cranking the heat up and a quick fry at 3 minutes one side then flip and 2 minutes on the other side. Boy did they ever turn out good, tender and moist with great flavour, store bought ones have nothing on these. 8 of them are now vacuum sealed in 3 packs and frozen for a quick meal in the future. So I got 14 of them for $8 worth of meat, can't beat that for quality and value. Didn't take a pic of the finished product but they turned out with a nice dark brown crispy coating from the smoked bread crumbs. Definitely will do again. Cheers

Shnitzel.JPG.c7a9f9ff2a8ebcf2ccc6507655c5d212.JPG

• Like 5