cooking thread...

50 minutes ago, DanD said:

Can you explain the flavor? Is it spicy hot or just mellow seasoning that adds flavor?

It,s all flavor Dan. No spicy tang to it.

There is a Starsky in Hamilton. Maybe one of the byes here will do a drive bye and pick up and mail ya a package.

I have not found this any where else but in European stores.

• Thanks 1

And so here are a couple pictures from today.  Brussels sprouts are NOT on offer.....  😄

My latest batch of smoked cured side bacon (made from pork bellies) turned out mighty awesome:

And it turns out that an older lady who is a friend of my wife, really likes the soup I sent her when she was feeling a bit down.  She bakes her own sourdough, and has a friend who keeps free-range hens.  BONUS!!!!

1685892452_Dougssmokedsidebacon.jpg.31f61569f883f49e20727b54d11a2208.jpg

Breakfast.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, misfish said:

Eggs are done PERFECT Doug.👍

Thanks Brian.  It's easy when cooking for myself!  (And the eggs were done in the bacon fat!  😁 )

At the hunt camp: "can I have mine easy over?"  "I want mine basted."  "Geez, I can't eat raw eggs, make mine yolks broken and over hard."  "Can I have scrambled please?"  "Doug, don't forget to leave the salt and pepper off my eggs, I put it on myself."  etc..............🙄  But no, I do NOT let most of the guys near the stove.........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, akaShag said:

.......🙄  But no, I do NOT let most of the guys near the stove.........

Many years ago I have a vivid memory of you beating on the camp stove with a battle axe at about 0300 and the result was poor Fred on the 3rd level bunkbed near dying of smoke inhalation. 🤣

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Many years ago I have a vivid memory of you beating on the camp stove with a battle axe at about 0300 and the result was poor Fred on the 3rd level bunkbed near dying of smoke inhalation. 🤣

That was Jimmy and Rich, trying to make grilled cheese sandwiches!!!  But yes, GUILTY of beating on the stove in the middle of the night, it was the only way to get you guys up to have a drink with me!  Fun times.............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ahhh bacon fat, my secrent ingredient in my home made bread 😊 3 nice loaves uses 4 cups all pourpous flour and it is so easy. Now i prefer the smaller loaves because I keep giving some away but the process is the same you just have to adjust the cooking time😊

20210114_115406.jpg

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

Ahhh bacon fat, my secrent ingredient in my home made bread 😊 3 nice loaves uses 4 cups all pourpous flour and it is so easy. Now i prefer the smaller loaves because I keep giving some away but the process is the same you just have to adjust the cooking time😊

20210114_115406.jpg

Those are nice sandwich size big Cliff buns .🤣

You guys and your pictures, I never think to take photos............supper a couple nights ago was pan-fried venison loin medallions, done nice and rare, about four minutes in the pan.  Today's lunch was cold sliced venison loin on a sandwich with mayo and lettuce.  Very toothsome.  But somebody ATE the evidence...🙄  No pics.

Doug

• Haha 2

On 12/6/2020 at 2:06 PM, misfish said:

Yup ham @1.88 lb. Bought this morning at 8 am,in oven at 8:30. LOL

The sheets are fresh pasta you can buy.

https://www.olivieri.ca/en/product/olivieri-lasagna-sheets

Even easier to make from scratch which is some flour, water, a punch of salt* and an egg. Roll out and cut into strips and bada boom bada bam you just made home made spaghetti, cut strips wider you now made home made fettucinni. Look at you go. 

* what Al Pacino movie? 

On 1/16/2021 at 1:23 PM, akaShag said:
On 1/16/2021 at 12:37 PM, MJIG said:

Yes, except for the brussel sprouts part. 😉

X2...............we call them little balls from hell.........

X3 

I call sprouts cabbage turds! Now if my wife saw that dish, she'd be sitting right next to you; acting like Oliver Twist "Please Sir I Want Some More" LOL

Dan.

• Haha 2

On 1/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, akaShag said:

And so here are a couple pictures from today.  Brussels sprouts are NOT on offer.....  😄

My latest batch of smoked cured side bacon (made from pork bellies) turned out mighty awesome:

And it turns out that an older lady who is a friend of my wife, really likes the soup I sent her when she was feeling a bit down.  She bakes her own sourdough, and has a friend who keeps free-range hens.  BONUS!!!!

1685892452_Dougssmokedsidebacon.jpg.31f61569f883f49e20727b54d11a2208.jpg

Breakfast.jpg

That's a perfect morning dish!!!! Eggs proper as frig!!!!