cooking thread...

1 hour ago, misfish said:

Was de-lish

GOPR1680.JPG.b1e7101b03719c85b32b43005598f30a.JPG

GOPR1684.JPG.8417a7271e50990bff88640148e094c3.JPG

GOPR1689.JPG.84c1868522ccbc7e8704aa50c4a27792.JPG

What's that wrapped around the asparagus?  Prosciuto?

One of the best things I ever ate in Germany was spargle (white asparagus) wrapped in schinken (ham) with some kind of case (cheese), during the spargle festival.  Man, that was good stuff!

And schweinehaxen!

Now I am thinking German food.  Again..........

But tonight it is fresh yellow beans from the garden, BBQ chicken drumsticks, and potato salad.  (Boiled potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, yellow pepper, green onion, lots of mayo, and some smoked paprika, yum yum.)  No seal salt, no vinegar (but the Germans love vinegar in their kartofflesalat), no carrots.............

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, akaShag said:

What's that wrapped around the asparagus?  Prosciuto?

Yes. it is a Spanish brand though. Not Italian. It was on sale at No Frills last week for $3 a pack. I have had 4 feeds of those the past week. DE-LISH.

Been researching seal salt, no luck,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Edited by misfish

11 hours ago, ketchenany said:

And the tater would be made with . . .

Your friend the rat with a bushy  tail got into one of my Planters where I started a salad crop  For the fall and dug it all up! Tonight he will get a taste of peanutbutter attached to a loaded spring! 

I trust you're talking about rat traps, those Victor ones are still the best. Get the bugger!

13 hours ago, misfish said:

Flat jerk chicken today. Just prepping the newfie tater salad :). Need to go out and get some jerk seasoning. Just seen I have none. DOH.:wallbash:

I copied a recipe for Jerk rub from the interweb. Surprisingly we had 90% of the herb in the 4 cupboards. But that 90% are all stale. The only herb that  is better dried than fresh is Oregano.  Any of you fine folks have a Jerk rub or marinade sauce they would be so kind to share. 

5 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I copied a recipe for Jerk rub from the interweb. Surprisingly we had 90% of the herb in the 4 cupboards. But that 90% are all stale. The only herb that  is better dried than fresh is Oregano.  Any of you fine folks have a Jerk rub or marinade sauce they would be so kind to share. 

I use this one JD

https://www.bulkbarn.ca/en/Products/All/Jamaican-Jerk-Seasoning-807

9 minutes ago, akaShag said:

They would have a hard time geting away with a rat trap screwed to a piece of plywood.............but the noise would raise the dead..........

Little mouse traps just scare them I would not use a rat  trap , we also have rabbits.

13A5160C-0B8E-498A-BAA5-802FAE429BF7.jpeg

Electric fence energizer will take care of your critter problems. I put one on our bird feeder and it didn't take the chipmunks long to understand that the peanuts on the deck were for them; but bird feeder was off limits.

This isn't my video; but it shows that it just shocks them; with no real harm to them.

It be very easy to set up a fence in and around your plants. If you like the rabbits around, put a pot of food out for them, away from the fence. Like I said it doesn't take long for them to learn; what is and isn't allowed.

Dan 

Eye of round is very lean and cooks much faster than other cuts.  It is very hard to BBQ it to a nice rare or medium rare without an instant read thermometer with a long probe.  It would have to come off the BBQ at about 125 F to get a foil tent and be served at 140F.

YMVYMV

On 7/12/2020 at 4:03 PM, ketchenany said:

Seal salt olive oil and pepper!  SUGAR? 

I'm with you centa percenta on this one Albert. 

On 7/13/2020 at 8:39 PM, npt1 said:

That roast beef looks great to me, Just pass the mashed taters and some gravy please, MMMMMMM

and ,  looks like no dishes to wash and dry,  lol.. gotta love paper plates..

Slice it paper thin so you can see through it. Then put it in a pot of beef stock on the stove. Pile it on a crusty bun soaked in the beef dip. Mashed on the side smothered in the dip. This 10PM grilled cheese just ain't gonna' do it now not withstanding the paper plate going onto the bon fire tomorrow night. 

OK, I still haven't gotten the sugar thing. A mistype I hope. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker
  • Like 1