cooking thread...

2 hours ago, misfish said:

Corn dogs / pogos . :D

Bring me back to my kid days at the EX

Oh man!

What's your recipe for the batter and cook time. Deep fryer or oven. Haven't had one of these since the days of the EX. My wife loved them and would like to introduce them to my granddaughter. 

Thanks In Advance.

Dan..

Simple batter

1 1/4 cup of milk

1 cup flour sifted

1 cup of corn meal

1 egg

1/4 cup of sugar

4 teaspoons of baking powder

1 tea spoon of salt

Pat dogs dry so batter sticks, or coat with flour .

Mix all together, pour into a tall wide glass. Dip dog in til at the stick,twist,remove and deep fry in a pot of oil at 350 deg for 3-4 minutes .

Edited by misfish
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, misfish said:

Lunch

DSCF5676.JPG.c420aadcf4d189ba923e0408b3a0e796.JPG

My wife is American, she never has heard them called pogos, I have my pogo and pop she has a corndog and soda 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/24/2020 at 8:38 AM, ketchenany said:

OI keep up the good work, sta fa na bona jobba. I quit the day we found out we were having a child in 1977! No spray no nicotine patch . . . 

I haven't been here for a few weeks. Need to change some habits to stay off the tar. Open OFC, pour a coffee and light a smoke. Not a singe puff since I paid 18 bucks a pack after they stopped selling tobacco on the Rez's out here last month. Already my wet chest has cleared up. I was getting a sharp pain in my lower right lung every time I coughed. I have gained about 10 pounds, same for my wife Ticha. I am smelling things I haven't smelled in years and that isn't always a good thing.  This exact second I'm reaching for a cigarette, habits, OFC/smoke.  I'm not even using Nicorette spray under my tongue or chewing Nicorette gums any longer. I sure don't want to put the jinx on myself but it isn't nearly as tough as it was when I quit for a year in 2010. I remember Dad telling me one afternoon here a few years ago when I lit up that after being off cigarettes for over 40 years he still had the urge to spark one up when he smelled tobacco burning. He was 90 then. I told him he should if he wanted to. Hell 90, he lived 4 days past his 92nd B Day April 2019. RIP Tony the "Tiger." If I live to 90 I'm doing a few things still illegal in Canada. 

On 5/9/2020 at 12:44 PM, misfish said:

Lunch

DSCF5676.JPG.c420aadcf4d189ba923e0408b3a0e796.JPG

Believe it or not I had my very 1st Pogo about 5 years ago at the Waterford Pumpkin festival. I got one from a food truck. It was marvelous, it was large, a good tube of meat and not dripping wet in oil. I have yet to have one 1/2 as good as that very 1st Pogo. I am chasing the Dragon Hot Dog on a stick version. I even dragged my wife to the fair just to find the guy, nowhere to be found. 

1 hour ago, akaShag said:

back to m2b2........

Rick, if I had some fresh walleye fillets they would be hitting a hot frying pan!!!  But I hear you loud and clear about cooking them up different ways.........

Doug

Yeah, treating my friend here. Hes never tried it this way so I had to show him.

Turned out very, very tasty and a nice change of pace

10 hours ago, manitoubass2 said:

Yeah, treating my friend here. Hes never tried it this way so I had to show him.

Turned out very, very tasty and a nice change of pace

Yep.  You don't want to eat steak every night...........

Hey!

Look what I just picked up from an auction house. It's going to need a good cleaning, a few repairs (Gas valve is seized) and convert it to propane. At what I paid for it; I can put a few bucks into it. Plan on taking it to our trailer for the summer. I think it'll work great for the group meals we're always doing down there. You can cook/bake more then just pizzas in it. Then there's this Italian lady across the street from me that makes one of the best pizzas and calzones going. She'll be able to make party sized ones now. LOL   

Once I get her fired up, I'll be asking for recipes. Recipes that call for hot and fast bake times?

thumbnail_image0.jpg.2b052dbe4bfe9feaee30eb6eab7736fc.jpg

404952027_thumbnail_image0(1).jpg.35d3732d08e1d81414949af70b57aad5.jpg

I've emailed the manufacturer to ask if they had a replacement parts division; waiting for their reply.

Edited by DanD

On 5/1/2020 at 10:43 AM, ketchenany said:

Get one of these, We have one. we use it sparingly and it does a great job.

B4612282-ED30-4CEB-BE79-D0C811F7564E.jpeg

I got the same macina in the will. I am afraid to use it as machinery and me do not go well together. I also inherited a sausage machine Dad made. He actually made one for each of us 3 sons. Mine sat for years until I got brave and decided to plug mine in. On about the 2nd pound of pork shoulder the drive shaft broke. I could see a tiny weld repair where it broke and very tight grain where the steel didn't harden enough. I took it to the lab at work and they confirmed a micro fisher where it snapped. I had it welded but am afraid to use it. It's more than a thing that turns big pieces of meat into tiny pieces of meat. I think I will wait a few years and hand it down to my nephew. 

Rick, good to see you back. Out for good behavior and time served? That might be funny but there was a guy missing from The Buffalo Bill discussion forum for 18 months and that was exactly where he was, Erie County lock up. Rick we are close enough that you can take some criticism from me, I hope. That dirty perch with green olives on it doesn't look appetizing at all, sorry.

On a positive note, 35 days not a single puff of a cigarette actually not a puff of anything. 

JD out. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

2 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I got the same macina in the will. I am afraid to use it as machinery and me do not go well together. I also inherited a sausage machine Dad made. He actually made one for each of us 3 sons. Mine sat for years until I got brave and decided to plug mine in. On about the 2nd pound of pork shoulder the drive shaft broke. I could see a tiny weld repair where it broke and very tight grain where the steel didn't harden enough. I took it to the lab at work and they confirmed a micro fisher where it snapped. I had it welded but am afraid to use it. It's more than a thing that turns big pieces of meat into tiny pieces of meat. I think I will wait a few years and hand it down to my nephew. 

Rick, good to see you back. Out for good behavior and time served? That might be funny but there was a guy missing from The Buffalo Bill discussion forum for 18 months and that was exactly where he was, Erie County lock up. Rick we are close enough that you can take some criticism from me, I hope. That dirty perch with green olives on it doesn't look appetizing at all, sorry.

On a positive note, 35 days not a single puff of a cigarette actually not a puff of anything. 

JD out. 

Lol for sure bro.  But its walleye. And yes it looks like crap, I'd agree.  But the flavor says otherwise lol

Been feeding my friend, Fred the squirrel my end trails of stale home made bread, and he does enjoy it, but I thought I would make some croutons this time. Yes, he still got his share.

Diced,tossed in a bowl of virgin olive oil. dash of pepper and salt,garlic powder and newfie savory. Toasted til just crunchy. What an aroma in the condo while this was toasting away . Not sure Fred would like this,but I will leave a square out for him to try. He is like Mikey,he eats anything. LOL

Enough for 2 salads next week.👨‍🍳

DSCF5695.JPG.42fe6ecf2bb86dbb5e63f03f2821ef12.JPG