cooking thread...

On 5/31/2019 at 3:58 PM, Spiel said:

Had some fresh Walleye (all cleaned and pan ready) given to me, made a quick shore lunch type dinner.

walleyebeer1.jpg

walleyebeer2.jpg

walleyebeer3.jpg

All of you guys are killing me with all these dishes...and that beer is just kick ass for mass produced IPA's. One of the best I've found in Ontario aside from the micro breweries, though Collective art's IPA's are pretty fine. Ontario is catching up to the Maritime's finally. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found that one does not need to be present for the whole smoking process. Cured some salmon treats Sunday afternoon.  Woke up at 2 am Monday . Pulled fish out of cure,rinsed, racked and air dried with a small fan til 4 am ,where I awoke again for my fishing day. Plugged in the smoker at 4:10 am,tossed in the pan full of chips,rack in same time. Return home 10:30 am,add another pan of chips. Finished off at 1 pm.

Smoking fish while fishing.:good:

DSCF4736.thumb.JPG.a018fed9808659a0506ac241a0f10384.JPG

30 minutes ago, misfish said:

I found that one does not need to be present for the whole smoking process. Cured some salmon treats Sunday afternoon.  Woke up at 2 am Monday . Pulled fish out of cure,rinsed, racked and air dried with a small fan til 4 am ,where I awoke again for my fishing day. Plugged in the smoker at 4:10 am,tossed in the pan full of chips,rack in same time. Return home 10:30 am,add another pan of chips. Finished off at 1 pm.

You don't think the old folks, back in the day, stood around watching the smoker all day, did you???   They had work and chores to do while the smokehut did it's thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, misfish said:

Looks delicious Brian!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, akaShag said:

Looks like a vegan fishless fish dish?????????????????

ah, well  guess some of us just have to look deeper to discover, eh?   The recipe linked shows it all. How's the armchair? Only takes a couple cancer diagnosis for some of us to consider broadening our menu, huh?

Edited by spincast

12 hours ago, spincast said:

ah, well  guess some of us just have to look deeper to discover, eh?   The recipe linked shows it all. How's the armchair? Only takes a couple cancer diagnosis for some of us to consider broadening our menu, huh?

I missed the link AND the walleye in the photos..............sorry about your diagnosis.............

I tried a molasses, hossian sauce,brown sugar cane ,sea salt,sweet hot sauce and fresh ground pepper cure today.

SCRUMSICH

DSCF4740.thumb.JPG.de7ede2a30f3f043048cb6724d17eab2.JPG

DSCF4743.thumb.JPG.9d9c4a923538fc6a64badf453767f208.JPG

Love trading these treats for other fine foods made by other co-workers.:clapping:

Going to try a mix of cream cheese,green onion mix for a sandwich.:good:

Edited by misfish

43 minutes ago, misfish said:

I tried a molasses, hossian sauce,brown sugar cane ,sea salt,sweet hot sauce and fresh ground pepper cure today.

SCRUMSICH

DSCF4740.thumb.JPG.de7ede2a30f3f043048cb6724d17eab2.JPG

DSCF4743.thumb.JPG.9d9c4a923538fc6a64badf453767f208.JPG

Love trading these treats for other fine foods made by other co-workers.:clapping:

Going to try a mix of cream cheese,green onion mix for a sandwich.:good:

That will make an excellent sandwich Brian.  Might need salt and pepper, and a bit of lettuce........

3 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Spiel, I just invested in a new Bistro on James N. Looking for a great chef. You want a job? Best thing is you won't have to work for me. 

Seriously John, congratulations.

I'd love to be a patron, no time for outside employment with my rod work.

I had more free time punching the clock in the ole hell hole.   ;)

Message me privately.

Remember the T shirts ? "Blast Furnace Pure Hell." They don't give you a 25 years and out pension for nothing. The place should be open September 1st which means some time in November based on the speed the contractors go. I am completely hands off on this one. James N. is changing everyday not for the better in some cases. Rents have gone sky high. Those apartments above the store fronts went for 500 bucks or less a month. Now a grand or more. Our social club has been offered several million to sell. Then where do we go? Tony Creek? 

• Like 1

First time for me, yesterday I cooked a whole turkey (12 pounds) in the BBQ,  Brushed it all over with EVO, added a bit of Montreal Chicken Spice, put it in an aluminum roasting pan with two cups of chicken broth and some Cardamon seeds, and left the two outer burners going, middle two off, for a couple hours.  Temp gauge on the BBQ read about 375 F.  I put aluminum foil over the bird for the second hour.  It came out beautiful golden brown and moist meat.  And no heat in my kitchen!

And no, I did not take a photo, never thought of it until I was already carving the bird...............

• Like 3