Getting boat fixed near Belleville?

I'm not sure, actually. Was running great then seemed like it ran out of gas while on quinte. I changed lines to the other tank and just wouldn't start, siphoned gas to the first tank, still wouldn't start, had to get towed back to shore. Figured it was the plugs, tried replacing them but that didn't help. I don't know a ton about boat engines so I don't want to be taken to the cleaners with it.

Did you knock the safety clip out of the kill button...

Good call. Been there done that.

Engine brand, size, 2/4 stroke? You won't be using it for a little while anyway so lets see if way more knowledge based members than I can whittle it down for you. Doesn't hurt to try.

I have a 2007 15 HP four stroke Honda that I use once a year on remote fishing trips. I maintain the outboard myself. Before each trip, I roll the outboard onto my driveway on its stand, put on the muffs and start and run the motor (15 mins). Two years ago, upon arriving at the outfitters dock, I installed the Honda on the back of one of the outfitters boats and then attempted to start it (fresh gas in the tank). It wouldn't start. I drained the fuel line and changed the fuel filter. Still no go. I didn't check the plugs because they were brand new and gaped properly. I loaded the Honda back into my Explorer and rented an outboard for the week ($300). After returning home, I dropped the Honda off at the local dealers location for diagnosis and repair. The next day the dealer called to say everything was fine. When I picked up my Honda I asked the obvious question. What was the problem? They suggested I had experienced some kind of vapour lock. The solution was simple. Remove both spark plugs as well as the kill switch and turn the engine over a few times. They then reinstalled the spark plugs and the Honda started first pull. Too bad that information wasn't in my manual or part of my skill set. FWIW

Kill switch is fine, that was one of the first things I checked. I've had it running for a bit after changing the plugs but it sounded rough and stalled out. It's a 2004 Honda 40hp 4-stroke, by the way. Thanks for the input guys, I'll probably drop her off at Belleville Sport once the snow melts.

Ward's Marine in Kingston does good work and they are good honest folks.

They are no longer a Honda dealer, but have done 100% of the work on my (1989) Honda 40 hp for fifteen years, and I have found them great folks to deal with.

Doug