Frenchmans?

johnnyb

Hey guys...been a super long time since I've posted here....sems Facebook is where I chat with my fishing buddies.

Anyway, hope you're doing well....got a question for you east-enders.

I have a newly addicted fishing buddy who wants to try ice fishing for the first time. I dont don't want to drag him out on a 2 hour drive to go freeze all day amd have him decide he doesnt like it. I'll wait till he's hooked on hardwater for that lol. He lives right by Frenchmans, and I kow it's frozen, as I'm seeing reports this week. I figure we can go out for a bit, show him what the deal is, hook a few pike and perch.

My question is, where do I park down there?

Any help is much appreciated....tight lines!

If you go to south shoal road there should be ample parking but I will set out this warning PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE wait another week or so. With the bay flowing into lake O, the iffy weather and the channel dredging over the past 2 years the ice there can change super super fast from 6 inches to half an inch.

I appreciate that Jeremy, I really do. The only reason I'm considering it is its proximity, and that I saw some guys had been out on it earlier this week. Its still quite likely I'll take my friemd somewhere else....but if we do end up at FBay, I'll be exercising extreme caution.

Got a couple of hours in at Frenchmans today. Didn't do too well. Maybe one or two hits but that was it. It was my first time out this season so I more wanted to set up the flip over and check gear before I head up to Simcoe and my cottage for a some more fishing.

Ice was good. Still can't get comfortable with all the cracking the ice made though...lol

Hope someone had some luck

Cheers