Navionics App

bassjnkie

The old Navionics Canada Lakes was able to go "live" mapping right away as soon as turned on WITHOUT DATA. All maps were preloaded and as long as your lake was purchased you were set. This was perfect for me with my older android phone without data.

The new Navionic Boating HD although originally free requires you to purchased your maps within. This is fine although most users were stuck purchasing the same maps twice to upgrade...

I was shocked the first time I went to use it with my Samsung 10" tablet. It worked perfect weeks before the fishing trip but when I turned it on in the boat the maps had no detail! It drove me crazy turning the different options SONAR etc. but still was left with no detail.

When I got back to the motel and had wifi access the detail worked right away! This kinda sucks as the maps are preloaded with all detail but the app now seems to require a 5 second data login for activation every time. I now have to remember to turn the app on before heading out on the lake because I don't have a data plan. This is probably a piracy deterrent that doesn't stop piracy but hurts legit paying customers.

The one problem I have with my tablet is that it's battery is old and doesn't last long. I installed a USB connector just for it but the connector only provides a small trickle charge 1 amp probably. It will actually die plugge in charging. I need to look for a 2.1A USB connector for this year.

Pretty portion of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your forum posts. Any way I will be subscribing in your augment or even I fulfillment you access constantly quickly.

We normally converse in English on this site. Google translator doesn't work too well, I see!!