Has anyone installed the IPilot add-on to an older MinnKota?

Raycaster

Got my eye on an friends older MinnKota trolling motor but keep dreaming of the newer ipilot features.

I noticed there is a iPilot add-on available to equip older unit 1991 and up.

Can't afford a full blown unit but a gently used one with an option to upgrade sounds do-able.

Anyone tried this? thx ahead.

My mistake... The copilot (NOT iPILOT) option is $150, the transmitter is $50 and the wireless pedal is $100, useable with V1 and V2. Looks like $449 (IPilot for PDV2), another $50 for transmitter...

There goes my cheap anchor lock dream...

Edited by Raycaster

Copilot is still totally worth it! I have a V1 and the copilot is the best upgrade I think you can possibly make! I haven't used the foot pedal since! If you go on to walleye central, there are guys who have modified the V1's with a V2 motherboard, and installed Ipilot.

Edited by porkpie

not gonna lie, just personal preference here...yes co pilot is amazing, the GPS feature is awesome for hitting your local honey holes effortlessly but it also has its downfall of the fact that its clumsy when you are trying to fish.

really think about how you fish before dropping a pile of cash.

To be honest if you are a bass fisherman covering ground constantly shorelines etc...foot pedal is better, it drives me crazy in the wind when i constantly have to stop reeling to re-adjust the boat so that i dont end up on the rocks etc.

However the anchor feature etc is the best

Edited by AKRISONER