Apisabigo Lake Adventure - With The "Fly Me In" Contest Winners!

solopaddler

Those Caravan's are nice planes.

We used them up @ the lodge on Bear on turnover days to shuttle guests to the main lodge.

One year there was a group that came up to the main lodge with their own Caravan on floats.

The inside was all spiffy with leather etc. The flew out to different areas of the lake each day and had a pair of inflatables with outboards. Would love to be able to do that. :D

Mike, thanks for putting that together, great report as usually. You covered all bases from flight in, accommodations and of course the important part, the fishing, body of water and how you attack a new body of water, all great stuff for the rest of us who may in fact add that camp to our wish list.

Speaking of Watson's, does anybody know if they purchased Everson's camp on Kaby? I know Rich Everson has been trying to sell it for years.

Thanks

Mike, thanks for putting that together, great report as usually. You covered all bases from flight in, accommodations and of course the important part, the fishing, body of water and how you attack a new body of water, all great stuff for the rest of us who may in fact add that camp to our wish list.

Speaking of Watson's, does anybody know if they purchased Everson's camp on Kaby? I know Rich Everson has been trying to sell it for years.

Thanks

As far as I can tell they purchased the Everson Camp. It's now called Watson's Windy Point Lodge. At least, I assume it was a member of the same Watson family that bought it.

Only thing better than reading a report like this from Mike is going on a trip with him!! Amazing report and fish! I'll never forget the trip we took....who knows....maybe a fly in is in the cards in the future! Great stuff Mike!

Cliff, would love to fish with you again! A fly in would be great!

As usual another stellar report Mike great photos and video I will tell you one thing you sure lucked out on the weather my brother and I flew into Anjigaming lake the week before and the weather was brutal we still had a great trip though.

Cheers Mitch

Once again thanks for all the positive comments guys, very glad everyone enjoyed. It's a little different for me posting a trip report in the winter. It wasn't planned this way but it's not a bad idea I think. Helps ward off the winter blahs.

As usual another stellar report Mike great photos and video I will tell you one thing you sure lucked out on the weather my brother and I flew into Anjigaming lake the week before and the weather was brutal we still had a great trip though.

Cheers Mitch

You're the second person in this thread who's said that. I also know for a fact the weather turned nasty right after we left. If you believe in fish gods they were smiling on us this trip LOL!

Edited by Mike Borger

Mike:

How would you compare Abisabigo to Whitewater for walleyes. I recognize that Whitewater is many times bigger and better for big northerns. I fish Smoothrock (same area as Whitewater) a lot and 100 walleye days are not out of the question. I would like to find excellent walleye fishing around Wawa or White River as it would reduce my mileage about 400 miles.

back to Old Ironmaker........

Looks like your keyboard got switched to Canadian Multilingual Standard........go to the bottom right of your screen and just left of the date/time it should show CMS, click on that and then hit English (Canada) US keyboard.

If that doesn't work, well that is 100% of my bag of tricks................

Doug

And back to Mike.............just freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!

Doug

Edited by akaShag

Mike:

How would you compare Abisabigo to Whitewater for walleyes. I recognize that Whitewater is many times bigger and better for big northerns. I fish Smoothrock (same area as Whitewater) a lot and 100 walleye days are not out of the question. I would like to find excellent walleye fishing around Wawa or White River as it would reduce my mileage about 400 miles.

Check your pm's

back to Old Ironmaker........

Looks like your keyboard got switched to Canadian Multilingual Standard........go to the bottom right of your screen and just left of the date/time it should show CMS, click on that and then hit English (Canada) US keyboard.

If that doesn't work, well that is 100% of my bag of tricks................

Doug

And back to Mike.............just freakin' AWESOME!!!!!!

Doug

Thanks Doug!