Facts of Fishing THE SHOW 2015 - Some of what I do.

Hey Gang!

Some of the newer folks around here may not know me as my life has changed quite a bit since I started with OFC.  Back before my oldest was born, nearly a decade ago, I was online constantly.  Since then a lot has changed, 3 kids, several moves and 2 houses later I find myself a little overwhelmed and unable to get on here as much as I'd like!  That said, I will always be thankful for the fishing advice, friends and in large part my current job that I acquired by meeting Dave through OFC.

Every year I work with a solid group of guys, who together work hard to bring the best quality of production that we can to Facts of Fishing and I'd like to share a little teaser here if you haven't already seen it! 

Season 8 starts airing this weekend on Sportsnet 360 Saturday and Sunday morning at 8:00 a.m. EST time!

Hope you like it and thanks for the ongoing support!!!

Cheers,

Ryan

FACTS OF FISHING 2015 - COMING SOON! from Facts of Fishing on Vimeo.

Ryan that was a sweet video. Last time I seen Dave, was up here for the kids fishing day. He let my little Lilly sit on the boat. He looked great.

114_zpsddbee5c2.jpg

113_zps8e37a081.jpg

I cant wait for the tube fishing show. I,ll bet he wouldnt of done that a few years back,at the end shot of him on the river is awesome.

Looking forward to this season show.

Edited by Brian B

I knew you when, ah well let me just say you're a pretty awesome dude in all you do Ryan.

I'm extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know you a little over the many years and to be able call you "friend."

Happy Year to you and your family. :)

Very cool video Ryan! Not kidding, last night I was just watching the show and saw your name pop up, had no idea! You're certainly doing a great job and I can't wait for the new episodes, it looks like you've got some pretty good guests coming on.

Come on Chris!?!?!?! lol that's funny buddy...I can't believe we've never actually talked about it over the years! haha Thanks for the kid words bud! Looking forward to seeing again soon.. preferably on the water!

Lookin' good Ryan. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks Roy and no prob!

I will tune in for the trout shows for sure.

I don't watch bass fishing however.

Not a bass to be found anywhere near me. ;)

lol Still nothing wrong with watching bass shows! There aren't any actic char around here but I'll watch a show about them any day! I'll dream of catching them you can dream about catching bass...deal?

Wow, great camera work!

Thank Pigoen - we have a top notch crew... Some of you may know Nick Pujic... he's a master behind the Red Cam and a good chunk of this footage is his.

Cool video Ryan, you have skills. :good:

Thanks Bud - it's a group effort all around!

nice video , just wondering how many episodes you film per season , seems Im always watching rerun's. Maybe I watch to many fishing shows lol. Keep up the good work

We film 13 episodes per season so if you catch it every week that'll be a new episode every week for a little over 3 months.....which is typical of pretty well any show out there. Maybe you have a fishing show watching addiction? :o)

It is really nice when you see someone that has become successful to the degree you have remember their roots! Keep up the good work! :clapping:

Thanks Cliff - coming from you it means a bunch. That said, I have a LONG way to go! :o)

Great teaser video.

Maybe the best Canadian Fishing show - there is so much crap on WFN, Daves show is one of the few gems. I hear he is a great guy. Hope u r enjoying what u do for a living:) sounds like fun.

Landry

Thanks Landry means a ton to hear feedback like this... Dave is a good employer and great friend... making him look good is just all in a days work... ( that's something he would say ) lol

Ryan that was a sweet video. Last time I seen Dave, was up here for the kids fishing day. He let my little Lilly sit on the boat. He looked great.

114_zpsddbee5c2.jpg

113_zps8e37a081.jpg

I cant wait for the tube fishing show. I,ll bet he wouldnt of done that a few years back,at the end shot of him on the river is awesome.

Looking forward to this season show.

Well you're in luck because that show is Episode 2 so you won't have to wait very long to see it! It's was a fun show to shoot and edit... hope you like it!

I knew you when, ah well let me just say you're a pretty awesome dude in all you do Ryan.

I'm extremely fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know you a little over the many years and to be able call you "friend."

Happy Year to you and your family. :)

Get outta town.. you're making me turn all red over here brother... haha It's been far, far to long since we've shared a beer and I'm thinking Averie is getting old enough for her first custom rod so when things slow down in the office this spring I think a visit down your way is in order.... You're always welcome at our place as well!

Wow! Great camera work and editing! Fishing shows have really stepped it up. Maybe it's time to get a FWN subscription

Thanks! Like I said, it's a group effort all around!

Awesome!

Thank Bill!

Mad skillz! Dave's program is well put together and certainly has a little extra over some other shows.

So are you in the boat on the camera, in the workshop editing and putting it all together, or both?

Thanks 'Bunk... the whole crew will appreciate the words.... I run the "A" cam along with a handful of GoPro's on the the boat with Dave and I'm also the lead editor on the show. That said, it's a huge group effort with ideas, the slow motion filming, aerials and support with editing as well.

lol Still nothing wrong with watching bass shows! There aren't any actic char around here but I'll watch a show about them any day! I'll dream of catching them you can dream about catching bass...deal?

I just find bass fishing shows about as exciting as watching paint dry or grass grow Ryan!!! :tease::tease::tease::tease:

Still haven't met ya in person Ryan but thanks for sharing that. You do a amazing job and I still remember the first time Facts Of Fishing THE SHOW hit the air. It was different than anything else, and look at the success now. You have brought cool camera work into the fishing show world.

Can't wait to see what's filmed next year!

Hi Ryan, a thought that dawned on my while watching last season, was that Facts of Fishing has the best cinematography of any fishing show. Its not even close.

Really evident in that clip. Loved the back cast of the spinner bait right at the camera!

Is that what you do for the show?

Very nice stuff there. Dave Mercer sure has lost quite a bit of weight. I haven't seen one of his shows for years. Any credence to the rumor his sponsorship from Subway was in jeopardy because of his weight? Regardless he's as trim as a noodle rod now and good for him. Someone said " Hey I hear Dave Mercer lost 100 pounds" other guy replies " Yea that's like throwing a deck chair off the Queen Mary to lighten the load ".

You have some great skills on that camera and a great eye. Keep up the good work.

Edited by Old Ironmaker