Looking at a new Fishfinder

Paudash

It looks like the new Humminbird Helix 5 has finally be released in Canada and for the price it looks awesome. The only real down fall looks to be that it is not net-workable but for me that is not an issue.

Anyone looked at these or know anything about them. For under $600.00 fully loaded I just do not see anything close.

Looks pretty good, side imaging at that price is a bonus. I don't know what the quality of SI will be like, but I know their down imaging is pretty good in the $5-600 range. I've had a bird for 3 years now and have been pretty impressed. Make sure you post something next year once you've has a chance to run it for a bit!

Edited by porkpie

There are some pretty good pics on bassboatcentral.

Here is a link. You will not that the actual screen size isn't much smaller than an 8 series. I think the will be great budget friendly units.

So far there are 11 pages of comments but I think you may find a lot of the info you are looking for...

Not being able to link is important to some but not the people who are looking at spending this much money. I wouldn't mind buying 2 or 3 of them and I could care less if they linked up.

http://www.bbcboards.net/humminbird-sonar-gps/524029-new-humminbird-standalone-helix-5-units-announced.html

networking units is badly overrated. (for most peoples needs)

if Lowrance had spent more time developing their transducers, and less on networking, the would still be producing the best units on the market...

unfortunately that isn't the case.