Any ice near kawarthas?

Locnar

More specifically, does anyone know if there is ice on the small back lakes near kinmount and gooderham? Hopefully with the colder temperatures this week, things will tighten up... hoping to get out at the beginning of the new year.

Thanks

Really? My buddy North of there has said they don't have much ice anywhere at the moment since the warm spell - hopefully the cold temps mean more area's get that good black ice! :P This is a picture from East of Kinmount a few days ago... bigger lake though to be fair...

1492642_586125348121708_964506503_o.jpg

Yes there is but you have to be very careful !!!!! Have been all over the kawarthas & to Haliburton and it's very different on each lake for sure guys are ice fishing and have been for quite a while but most are locals just be very careful as we did have lots of rain & the rivers are up for sure !!! It's gonna be a bit before we have ice that's good & solid it's getting cold this week and will help a lot What a winter ....... Grrrrrrrrrr

Yes I should shine some light on that. Im not telling anyone its safe to go and fish those areas wherever you please. Be sure to have someone with you when dealing with new ice, stay clear of any larger bodies or somewhere with faster moving water. We drilled many holes between shore lines and about 30 feet out before feeling confident about being out there. This time of year can be trouble, were all anxious to get out there and sometimes it causes us anglers to not totally think everything thru. Play safe everyone, the weather we need has finally arrived.

You guys really hit the head of the nail there, I know guys have said it before me, but it isn't worth falling through the ice and possibly drowning for a fish or two, even the best day ever means nothing if you can't tell your friends and family about it! Stay safe, bring the right safety equipment and always go out with another person. I know I am preaching to the choir... just agreeing you guys i suppose lol

Good posts. Best be safe than sorry. You know it's too thin when you walk by a guys hole 20 feet away and he yells at you because the water is coming up and out his hole. That was Quinte 5 or 6 years ago at Mohawk Point just after New Years. I'll be at the hotel boys driving the waitress batty ordering club sodas, call me when you want a coffee or you are done. The next morning there was 5" of good solid ice. It only takes a few cold nights. Good luck and be smart.

I am the same as the poster above said I will NOT give spots out as I know things are not safe and I won't be responsible for anyone drowning !!! They are ice fishing the kawarthas !!!! ......IF YOU DONT KNOW DONT GO !!!!! and in a lot of spots there is 4-5 inches of great ice and 6 in some but just be careful and spud your way out and fish only where you can see not in the dark and a lot of spots you only need to be 60ft from shorw