NF-Whats the best way of selling your sports cards

LostAnotherOne

Hey guys. Just like a lot of you I was always a sports card collector when I was younger. I stuck with collecting mostly hockey cards. I have a few stored away and was wondering what's the best way of getting rid of them to make a few dollars. Looking to get maximum amount for every card. I heard a good starting point is to send them to Beckett to get them graded then sell them. Thanks

Well there's a couple of ways you can do it, but it all depends on what you have. Generally cards from 1989-1995 are worth pennies, even the big rookies from that era like Jagr are only worth $1. I would not waste money on grading those.

If you have stuff from the late 60s to 1988 then that's a different story because you'll most likely have the big cards. I would get those graded.

In terms of selling them, you won't get much If they are in the 1989-95 range. But If you have the high end stuff from 1960s-88 then I'd take them (if you can) to the national card show that's run at the international centre three times a year in Mississauga. I don't like using eBay because of the fees. You can also try collector message boards and forums.

Any questions let me know I'm a collector and can help you out

Yup, that's the price I remember - I should have sold then! Oh well.

I had 7 Brett Hull rookies at one point - sold 5 of them for $500 in the early 90's. Was big money for a 17 year old! I collected them all from packs too!

Edited by Fisherpete

I wonder how many Gretzky rookie cards I wasted on my bike spokes LOL. Sold all my cards in the 90's when they were worth a lot! Got 600 bucks a piece for my 2 mint Gretzky rookie cards and sold the rest for about a grand( had a lot of cards)

I used to have the old Opeechee NHL cards from the 60. Nothing in mint. We spent too much time shooting them against the wall as kids. Still managed $500 for them some 10 years back, except for 1 card. It was a 69 checklist card. It was not mint, but it was unmarked. Was still worth $200 to a dealer

I used to have the old Opeechee NHL cards from the 60. Nothing in mint. We spent too much time shooting them against the wall as kids. Still managed $500 for them some 10 years back, except for 1 card. It was a 69 checklist card. It was not mint, but it was unmarked. Was still worth $200 to a dealer

Leaners,corners, half cover mine. Trade up I remember those days. Oh what fun it was.

A friend of mine was renovating a house outside of Montreal and in the wall he found a bunch of shoe boxes full of momentos and photos. One of the boxes had a complete 1952 parkhurst set.... In pretty good condition and flipped it for a solid down payment on his house. That's like finding the holy grail of hockey cards

Leaners,corners, half cover mine. Trade up I remember those days. Oh what fun it was.

10 card shootout. Each guy put up 10 cards against the wall. The guy to knock down the last card got the pile. There'd be 4-500 cards at stake In a good 4 man shootout.

you 's would be envious of my collection lol

Ive got almost every valuable card imaginable except...

no honus wagner haha

my favorite sets though are the war era baseball cards

only card ive ever sold over the years was on offer to good to resist on a michael jordan rookie card. payed a good chunk of my cousins wedding with that sale

Edited by manitoubass2